Insimenator.org
May 21, 2024, 09:14:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkened faces in Nightlife  (Read 1169 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ravenlep

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2007, 03:53:07 am »

Note: This post has been moved from its original possition in this thread.

I am having a similar problem but the only expansion I have loaded is Nightlife.
The male sims in Bodyshop and in gameplay have solid black skin except for their faces.  The problem is encounter with defualt and custom skin colors. I've disabled all mods, searched for bad files and can not find the problem.  Has anyone had a similar problem or know of a resolution?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 01:09:16 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 01:07:19 pm »

Quote from: ravenlep;1021135
I am having a similar problem but the only expansion I have loaded is Nightlife.
The male sims in Bodyshop and in gameplay have solid black skin except for their faces.  The problem is encounter with defualt and custom skin colors. I've disabled all mods, searched for bad files and can not find the problem.  Has anyone had a similar problem or know of a resolution?

ravenlep - the graphical error you are suffering is not related to the problem detailed in this thread, this almost always has to do with using lighting mods in the Nightlife and later EPs.  NL more so than others.

EA made a major (and unannounced) change to the way lighting works starting with Nightlife. So lighting mods seem to contra-indicated for most users.  Also it seems that using default face template replacements exacerbates the issue, so it sometimes requires you delete them from your Downloads Sad

I was one of the first to note the problem when helping test a new lighting mod and it was several months before enough people experienced a similar bug, so the information was slow to get compiled on possible causes and resolutions.

I admit, it seems to affect some specific GPUs more than others, but seems  to occur equally on ATI and Nvidia GPUs.

Solutions:
  • Update your DirectX core files
  • Update your video card drivers
  • Return to the location you found the lighting mod and read the instructions for removing it  -- the newer version of CEP offer the option to install a lighting mod or restore the original lighting file as part of the set-up
  • Remove the default face template replacements you have installed
  • Make the sim use a mirror to change appearance (may not resolve all instances of the bug, will not prevent the bug from recurring)
  • Make the sim use a wardrobe or armoire to change clothing (may not resolve all instances of the bug, will not prevent the bug from recurring)
  • In buikl-mode remove replace every light on every lot, save and exit, return to the lots and replace every light on every lot, save and exit

Any or all of these steps may be required to resolve the issue.

An earlier thread on this same topic was posted by Zephyrash - read it here.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 01:12:43 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: