Insimenator.org
May 11, 2024, 10:25:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do i package a sim  (Read 1184 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Polar Boy

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2007, 02:26:30 am »

I have made a sim inadvertently that looks like a celeb so I though I might upload it to a free site so people can download her if they want so how would I go about doing this?

also I have made heaps of characters in neighbourhoods I dont play anymore do you think it would be good to save the characters and downloads i want then uninstall and reinstall the whole game so it runs better?
Leticron

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:20:11 am »

Just open Bodyshop (the most recent one you have), go to BuildSims, Package Sims then pick the Sim in Question and click on the little package symbol
Bottom right underneath the Sim pictures.
 As for packaging and deleting unused Sims:
I don't believe you would gain any performance boost from that.
You would be more lucky if you cut down on your CC (and even that mainly affects the loading time)

I wouldn't do a total wipe and re-install (with all the pains to d/l the correct patches). If you have everything saved just delete the complete hoods you don't play anymore (and all caches: Accessory.cache, Groups.cache + cigen.package )!. That should get you there.
But as I said...don't expect any major performance boost.
You can try it out before you delete anything:
Just rename (or move) the following folders:
Downloads and in "Neighborhoods" all N00x Foldes except the one you're playing.
Start up the game and see how it reacts.

-le
Polar Boy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 08:34:10 pm »

thanks for the help but this character was actually created in the game and the only packaged character that show up are ones that I downloaded. So maybe its not possable.
So just to check if I deleted a default community  (strangetown) that had a downtown 3 unis and maybe  a100 charaters and pets I had made over time this wouldnt improve the overall running speed of the game?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: