Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 10:33:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hair Salon  (Read 1110 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hyleath5560

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2007, 11:52:34 am »

Is there anyway to build a hair salon next to my sims house as there business?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 02:14:02 pm »

You've got a choice of making it on the same lot as a home business or placing a community lot next to your residential lot and buying it.  Either way has the same chance of success.

In my experience, I like to put an entertainment type business on the residential lot.  Charge admission and keep adding things to bring in the customers.  No selling needed.  Very low maintenance.  Just lock the doors in  the house you don't want the customers to use.

I've found a hair salon to be a difficult business to run successfully.  I've tried one on the home lot and with a mother and daughter did well to the 4th or 5th rank, but with the two of them it was difficult to move beyond there.  Adding employees cuts seriously into the low profits.  Yet if you increase the price beyond average, sales are reduced greatly.
hyleath5560

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 02:18:32 pm »

Thanks. It sounds like there is allot to it.  I just got the game. It sounds like I need to invest some more time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: