Insimenator.org
May 13, 2024, 06:09:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time not running.  (Read 1815 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
witchwithwings

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2007, 04:03:16 am »

I hope someone can help me with this!

A few days ago, my Sims2 wouldn't load at all ... couldn't move anyone into their houses etc. So ... I scanned my computer with the hack conflict detection utility from Paladin's Place (http://www.simwardrobe.com/), and deleted all the hack conflicts, and now my game will load into the houses, but the time won't move! Which is just about as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican!

Can anyone here help me???!!! Please??!! I'm going nuts here! lol Sims Withdrawl Syndrome.

R.I.P Kevin Smith
~March 1963 - February 2002~
We love you and miss you.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 05:54:46 am »

Do this:

1.)  As soon as your game finishes loading again, pull up the cheat box (Ctrl+Shift+C) and enable debug mode (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true)

2.)  Go to one of your neighborhoods, and load a lot.  Once the lot finishes loading, check to see if an error box pops up.  

3.)  As soon as the error box pops up, an error log is made in your C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs folder.  Make a note of the name of the error log named in the error box, then choose Delete.  (If more than one appears after the first one, repeat this step)

At this point, your lot should load, and the time should be running as normal.  The method above is just a temporary fix, (as you'd have to do this each time you go to a lot, meaning you'd have to leave your game in debug mode the majority of the time you're playing... :?) but if you go to your Logs folder and find the error log(s) named when the pop-up box came up and post it(them) here, I'm sure someone can figure out what mod is causing the problem.  Most likely, a mod or hack that you have is outdated and is freezing time in your game.  Wink

witchwithwings

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 05:05:29 pm »

Ok thanks, I'll try this and get back to you.

R.I.P Kevin Smith
witchwithwings

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 05:21:54 pm »

It worked for now. I'll attach the error message. If anyone can figure out what it is, I'll be so stoked. I don't really like using the debug cheat on Sims2. I'm too much of a novice to not screw the entire thing up!

* Issue.JPG (17.31 KB, 336x233 - viewed 147 times.)
* ObjectError_N001_t1177899155.txt (40.33 KB - downloaded 115 times.)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 05:24:30 pm by witchwithwings » Logged

R.I.P Kevin Smith
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 05:27:21 pm »

Do you have any custom careers installed?  Or maybe any custom foods?  Try moving those out of the Downloads folder and see if the error stops... Wink

jase439

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 07:05:37 pm »

That's definitely the hallmark of a borked custom career.  Once again: custom careers are E V I L.  Expunge them from your game like the vile cancer that they are.  If you haven't installed a custom career explicitly, there's a good chance you picked it up from an infected lot you downloaded.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
witchwithwings

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 09:07:46 pm »

Thanks muchly. I'm trying that now. You guys rock! I love this forum lol

R.I.P Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: