Insimenator.org
June 03, 2024, 11:07:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Trees are Dying!  (Read 2802 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bhorn85

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2007, 12:34:35 am »

I planted two fruit trees and now they are sickly! I keep spraying them and sometimes it makes it better but sometimes it makes it worse! How do I get my trees healthy again?
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 12:38:59 am »

you need to talk to the trees.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
bhorn85

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 12:39:27 am »

It doesn't give me an option to talk to the trees. Only to Tend, and Spray.
maniac19642003
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 01:53:59 am »

Talk to many, trees and plants (mod).
bhorn85

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 01:54:41 am »

Is there any other way to make my trees healthy without downloading a mod?
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 01:55:42 am »

That means you need to build your gardening skills.there is silver bronze and gold.What i do is use the insimenator career badge you can choose which badge you want and i always choose gold for all badges and it really works.The more time you spend gardening the more your skills improve that is the only way.You could open your cheat window and type help and see if there is a cheat for it in there.I have not had to do that for some time now since i have the insim.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 01:58:54 am by dreamcatchermwh » Logged

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
scoutmom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 10:14:05 pm »

If you don't want to use mods, you might try calling in a gardener once in awhile.  Another help is to look for friends of your SIMs that are plantsims, or have gardening badges - invite them to visit, and 'Influence' them to garden when your plants are sickly.  they may be able to give your sick trees a boost until your Sims improve their skills. You can't direct them where to start gardening - but if you influence them near the sick trees, they have a higher chance of starting there.

When my SIMs are new and have no skills to speak of, I try to get each family member to each build up one necessary skill more than the other family memebers.  Each has a specialty - one in cooking, one in gardening, one in mechanical or other needed skills. Once there's someone on the the lot who can keep the family in decent meals, grow things, fix things, etc - then they can branch out and build other skills.  So always have the SAME sim do the gardening so that their skills get built up faster. They have to reach GOLD badge level to be able to Talk to the plants, so they have to work hard at it. Also, pick some other gardening objects that need tending to build up your SIM's gardening skills.  

Somewhere I read a trick I'm gonna try - something about putting gardening plots on community property.  Apparently Sims can build skills on veggies and fruit trees on community lots, even harvest them, but because comunity lots are out of 'time' they don't decline  when the sims aren't on the lot?  also, the harvest reset when the sims leave the lot, so they can harvest them over and over?  

I would think this might allow you to build your sims skills, without killing produce!

laura
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 10:24:28 pm by scoutmom » Logged
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 10:47:02 pm »

You can also use the ladybug house to help keep the bugs from attacking the trees.  I put one in the middle of a mini-grove of 3 or 4 trees.  Haven't tried with more yet.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
scoutmom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 08:20:48 pm »

I use lots of ladybug houses - my trees almost never get pests - they seem to 'protect' an area just a bit bigger than where you can see the ladybugs flying - maybe 9 to 16 squares?  They seem to protect garden plants a bit further - maybe because they are smaller or something?

I love the gardening part of SIMS2 - I keep trying to set up a 'farmer's market' type business - but I get really annoyed :smt120 by all the weeding!  man, REAL plants don't need that much weeding!  I seldom have time for real live gardening nowadays - but when I did, I always put down mulch, or plant fabric, or even newspaper around the plants that lets water thru but kept the weeding to very very little time.

Does anyone know of a fix, mod or object that reduces the weeding?  

I'd love to see a weeding mulch to apply to plants, or a robot that simply weeds all the time :smt106 - like an automated lawnmower.....

Laura
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 10:28:12 pm »

Quote from: scoutmom;1061818
... or a robot that simply weeds all the time :smt106 - like an automated lawnmower.....

You can have a servo do the gardening for you. Or even employees. Might wanna look up simswardrobe for that. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: