Insimenator.org
May 21, 2024, 09:14:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't leave home! Help!  (Read 3591 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dragonmage_whisper

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2007, 02:15:49 am »

At home, university dorms/houses, or even on vacation; my Sims can't go anywhere. They call a cab or try to book a tour; 90% of the time they either instantly get out or come back, or the vehicle leaves without them and infinitely loops, or something of that nature. If I have boolprop testingcheatsenabled on, it gives me multiple errors at a time, and if I chose "cancel" it just keeps giving me the exact same message ((I read it down to the last digit/letter)); "reset" ends up with it being like I hadn't called the cab or booked the tour or such; "delete" ends up deleting my Sims!!!

Please, help me!!!
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 03:41:09 am »

Dragonmage, what kind of hacks do you have installed in your game and what ep's do you have?

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
dragonmage_whisper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 03:59:09 am »

All EPs... not that many hacks, really, none that mention anything like this... I restored to before the hacks and it is doing it anyways
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »

Are the hacks still in your game? If not, tryi playing without them, and if all is fine, then you know one of them is the cuprit.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
retrotrut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 08:43:51 am »

well i've got a similar problem, the insimenator isnt allowing my sims to walk to ANY community lots Sad but everything else is working just fine

Dido's new album "Safe Trip Home" is coming out on November 17 2008. More information found on http://www.didomusic.com and http://www.retro-trut.blogspot.com Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 03:04:54 pm »

Retrotut, the insimenator shouldn't be causing any conflicts at all, unless you're not using the most current one (which is BV compatible)

dragonmage_whisper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 03:31:15 am »

I forgot, I still had InSIMenator in my game, that might be it
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 12:24:12 pm »

I'll repeat myself. The insimenator does not cause conflicts as it uses functions already existing in your games. The only reason why you might be having problems with it is if you have BV installed, but don't have the version of the insimenator made for BV installed, or if you have more than one version of the insimenator installed.

dragonmage_whisper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 03:36:16 am »

I have BV and the BV version if InSIMenator, and that is all
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 11:20:22 am »

Do you have other hacks in your game?

Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 01:44:24 pm »

Search your Downloads folder carefully (with the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer for exemple). You have maybe downloaded an unknown hack in a house for exemple (especially if you haven't used the S2PCI during the house installation). The hacks and mods are in red. Smiley
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 03:34:23 am »

I had this problem too when I first loaded bon voyage. My sims could walk places but not take taxis or tours.  As we had three users on my computer and neither of the others played sims, I ran the game from my husband's account with no hacks and no custom content at all and it still did the same thing, so not sure if it is a hack that is causing this.  My problem only resolved with a new laptop with better video card etc.  The new machine gives me the odd hang up problem, usually with a message about vista incompatibility, but as that came with the machine, I'm stuck with that.

Always trust your first initial feelings, Special knowledge holds true, Bares believing, I turned around, In the crystalline knowledge of you.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 03:14:28 pm »

Ah strange. :roll: I didn't know that a technic limitation would be able to block some functions. But if all is correct (except the odd hang up ?) on the new one, this is good.

With the Vista pseudo incompatibilty, try to patch the game and the alert may vanish. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: