Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 12:04:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshop won't load, I followed all the tutorials!  (Read 5963 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lexxia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 10:54:46 pm »

OK Tenshii I think you're right in that my computer doesn't have enough memory to load it.

What processes can I end that won't harm the computer? I didn't leave any windows up but there's still a ton of processes.

Call me Lexx, yeah?

Help hungry children: In one click. Use the tabs and click to help raise literacy, save the rainforest, feed pets and more.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 11:22:06 pm »

Try looking at the suggestions that Paladin offers on his site.  http://www.simwardrobe.com  (look under Tutorials.  He has a whole section devoted for optimizing Windows XP and tips on what processes and background programs you don't need.)  Wink

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 11:22:35 pm »

I'd start with any instant messenger programs and the antivirus.  Those two should free up enough memory for you to run Bodyshop.
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 11:43:29 pm »

I've been having this problem with BS too. I posted comments on this topic before in the other post. I think there is something definitly wrong with BV bodyshop. I know about the B1...... files, so I don't have any. But I have never had BS crash so many times before. I used my backup and everything worked fine. But I noticed some downloads I get from smaller sites may be the problem. I cannot pinpoint it exactly, but I'm sure it comes from them. I reinstalled most of the downloads I have got from the bigger sites and BV works fine. So Now, I backup the sims after every couple of days, so I do not loose some of the gameplay I had. I have never used backups so many times EVER!

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
lexxia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 07:58:16 pm »

The stuff on Paladin's Palace should do it but it will take me a little while to follow all the steps. Thanks so much again and I'll post if it still doesn't work.

Call me Lexx, yeah?

Help hungry children: In one click. Use the tabs and click to help raise literacy, save the rainforest, feed pets and more.
lexxia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 06:52:52 pm »

Agh I closed all my antivirus programs to make it have more memory, and all the processes (like 6 of them, adding up to over 100k of memory) stayed! Help please.

Call me Lexx, yeah?

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 08:18:29 pm »

Download Numenor's BaseGameStarter and install only the Legacy Bodyshop.  Maybe it will solve your problem.  You will have to copy any Bodyshop related CC from the game folders over to the LBS folders, but if it works for you, that's a small price.
Orangotango

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 03:33:50 pm »

im having trouble too. I downloaded just fine, but then when i tried to open it, my computer spazzes and says "we can't open that, where should we open it?" so, i tried everywhere but nowhere wanted to let it open. What should i do?

The apple is red. It is not green. What colour is the apple? :hammer:
lexxia

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 04:07:42 pm »

But that's only for the base game....would it still work?

Call me Lexx, yeah?

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2007, 02:16:10 pm »

Lexxia, it will work just fine, to include reading your CC that requires an EP if i remember correctly.  Numenor has set the LBS up to make it look like just the base game is installed to run, yet when you go to run your game, you still have everything.
lexxia

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 01:55:14 pm »

Thanks ancienthighway.

Orangotango go start--all programs--ea games--whatever your most recent expansion pack is--bodyshop.

Call me Lexx, yeah?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: