Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 09:21:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Theraven's crazy collection of simmies (11.June 20 - TS4 sidetrack)  (Read 372974 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: August 22, 2010, 07:57:40 pm »

I lol'd when I read "probably surgery" on the overview. I really did.  tongue
You didn't miss anything, everything I could think of plus more, was included.
Awesome work!

I need more freetime.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #676 on: August 22, 2010, 08:10:03 pm »

It's the only room I've not decided what to do with yet... so I'm keeping it as an "extra", just in case I need a room. I put a CT machine there for now, so we'll see. Might put in the new one I'm working on when it's done Undecided

There are plenty more rooms I've not pictured. I think the only room that someone might be missing is a morgue... and there weren't any dark, creepy places left to put it  tongue

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #677 on: August 22, 2010, 09:16:20 pm »

Is a CT the same as an xray?

I really love this hospital.

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #678 on: August 23, 2010, 03:12:42 am »

A CT is a cross between MRI and X-ray. Looks a lot like an MRI, but uses X-rays (ionizing radiation) for the imaging.
An MRI is basically a huge magnet, and uses non-ionizing radio frequency to aquire the images.

They can do much the same, but both have areas they're better on than the other. CT is cheaper technology than MRI, though. CT is faster too, but MRI is best if the patient has to go through the same exam several times in a short period, because of the radiation exposure from CTs.

MRI is thought safest, unless you have metal implants, ICD/pacemaker, and so on.

And that was today's lesson  Wink
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 12:06:05 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: August 23, 2010, 11:45:42 am »

Why thank you very much raven!  Grin

Find me on moonlight <3
zammy

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 25, 2010, 08:11:56 pm »

My my, however you happen to keep your focus long enough to do all that deserves a medal  shocked I know I can't build an eight room house without getting bored halfway through. I'll pay close attention to detail in the beginning and then it's just like "Yup, bored. Forget this". Great job! It's beautiful!

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #681 on: August 26, 2010, 01:51:56 am »

I've never kept my focus on anything in particular longer than on LFB. Two years is a lot. 
I had about a billion plans for the hospital, and it took me only a few days - much quicker than I feared it would.

Unless I'm very focused on one thing and want it done asap, it can take weeks or even months to get it done. My 3D project folder looks really bad... I'm like "Oh that's an interesting project", start on it, put it away before it's half done, and find it again after two months wondering why I didn't finish it... Then I find it again after a couple of months, and maybe then I decide to finish it. My pcurrent project list looks even worse... Undecided

My site:

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: August 27, 2010, 02:09:22 am »

A few new projects - infant warming bed, bigger deco incubator (both draw textures from the BG crib), and an X-ray machine.

They're all meshes from free mesh sites, which I've tweaked a bit and taken down in poly. The incubator is still a bit high (10 000), but looks much better than the "original" from Wallsims (I used the same free mesh, and didn't even touch the wallsims file). My version has a pillow, too. Much more comfortable for the babies Wink

(Don't know if I'll ever manage to make actual animated cribs out of the two first, but if anyone else wants to try, then please let me know. Right now they're only deco)

Still have some stuff left to fix, though. Textures and such. I really want to have some animated textures on the warming bed, but got no clue how to as of yet (though, I've already learned how to put in more subsets, including recolorable subsets). I'm also trying to make a working blue "bili light" (against jaundice) for the warming bed, but the current version won't work properly... Never tried to make lamps before, so there's most likely something wrong in the mesh...

Currently working on a CT machine. Haven't gotten it ingame yet, but there will be pics when  get that far...

My site:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #683 on: August 27, 2010, 11:54:10 am »

Those look sweet!  Grin

Can't wait to see the CT. I also love the warming bed!

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #684 on: August 27, 2010, 12:16:59 pm »

Right now I'm making a fluoroscope or more spesicifically, a "c-arm x-ray image intensifier" (google any, and you'll get pics of the same type of machine). UV mapping the parts is done, now it's only getting them all together. Then recoloring, then the SimPE stuff, and then testing it ingame.

CT is done, but not tested. Board in/out versions, just like the MRI.
I'll put up some pics when they're both tested Wink

Got some other projects in planning too. Some surgical tools and instruments, plus a few you might find in a doctor's office. I want a (more or less) complete hospital Wink (crosses fingers and toes for medical September theme over at GoS)

My arm feels sore... But I guess filename changes and editing of 99% of my Savedsims folder, meshing, UV mapping, and computer in general for several days straight is the reason my joints are making cracking noises...  Undecided
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:09:36 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: August 28, 2010, 01:51:13 pm »

More pics  Grin

C-arm X-ray, or fluoroscope, with (separate) screens and exam bed.
(C-arm is my mesh, exam bed is modified from the CT, and screens is a de-polyfied downloaded mesh)

CTs
(de-polyfied and slightly modified downloaded mesh)

Updated incubator and infant bed
(de-polyfied and slightly modified downloaded meshes)

First try on the bili light (there are still a lot of problems, since it don't give away light like it is supposed to do, and has strange shadows...)

A couple of masks (originally by Crayonsama, but I fixed them so they work for Pets/all types of clothing/all ages, and also fixed the mesh so that chins and cheeks don't pop through them, which was a big problem).  

And some hospital gowns for toddlers (PS-painted linings and such by me, BG mesh)

At the moment I'm trying to de-poly a really cool ultrasound I found. Was a striking 135 610 polys (that's square polys, not faces), is currently 22898  15942 polys. My goal is to get it under 15 000, or under 10 000 if possible, without losing too much shape. It's going slow...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 03:51:57 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #686 on: August 28, 2010, 09:42:58 pm »

You don't even know the spasms I am having.

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: August 29, 2010, 06:46:48 pm »

Just for fun  Grin

My site:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #688 on: August 29, 2010, 07:11:08 pm »

I enjoy that picture.

Find me on moonlight <3
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 29, 2010, 07:54:04 pm »

The bili light's looking real good. I'mma going to grab the masks now.  tongue
I laughed at that last picture.
Mainly because you put "just for fun" and then put up a picture of a poor kid hit by a car (I assume because of the shocked guy and the car slightly out of view)
It just looked funny the way you posted it... am I a horrible person?  Undecided

I need more freetime.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: