Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 03:00:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Theraven's crazy collection of simmies (11.June 20 - TS4 sidetrack)  (Read 372791 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: December 11, 2010, 02:27:57 pm »

I'll be grabbing the sweaters and jammies as soon as my "real" puter is unsnarled.  You do know there's both adult and teen versions of that sweater mesh?

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #736 on: December 11, 2010, 02:54:10 pm »

I had a feeling there might be - I just haven't gotten that far yet. I'll probably do texture referencing in that case, since it saves loads of space...

Took a while, but now I've texture referenced the sweaters to Bloom's teen mesh, and the jammies to the original child mesh. I think I saw a child version of the sweater too, but I'm not sure if the textures are similar, or if it's a top. Just have to locate it to check it out.

Hmm... I think this might be a bit closer than the previous. Hair looks better (looks much like this when I''ve just been to the hairdresser - but at the moment I've got a ponytail), and face sculpt is a little better. Wrong glasses, but better than the alternatives I've got...

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 06:03:09 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #737 on: December 11, 2010, 06:23:46 pm »

OOH, how do you do that texture referencing thing?  I'd love to learn!  I assume each garment has to be run through SimPE individually, that you can't just set up one and run it through BodyShop....

I'd also love the child version of the sweater mesh if you can find it....

Sometimes, reading other people's works in progress is absolutely inspirational!

Rose/Miros
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #738 on: December 11, 2010, 07:09:03 pm »

I only know how to do clothing referencing inividually in SimPE. But it's very easy (though a bit time consuming). But it's totally worth it when the ref files are between 1 and 6 kb each, compared to the original which is very often between 100 kb and several mb.

1. First you make as many reference outfits as you need in Bodyshop. You don't have to fix the textures, just export as many as you have original recolors.  

2. close Bodyshop, open two windows in SimPE. One window for the reference files, one for the original recolors.

3. In the reference file, delete the base texture file (and the normalmap texture file, and any other texture files you want to re-use from the original).

4. In the Material Definition resource (TXMT), under "properties", copy the base texture value (stdMatBaseTextureName), normalmap value (stdMatNormalMapTextureName) and any other alpha textures,  and paste them in where they belong in the reference file. Click "Commit" afterward.

5. save the file.

I do recommend to name the files to something else than a random number and 50 similar names. Makes it much easier to keep track of the referencing. For instance, I named the sweater files like this: "CowlneckTop_AF_snowman-green" and "CowlneckTop_TF_snowman-green" ("snowman-green" being one of the descriptive names)

(you'll do a lot of copy/paste/save, so ctrl+S for save, ctrl+V for paste, ctrl+C for copy are great shortcuts).  

6. test the outfits in Bodyshop. Make a sim (NOT under "create project", but under "create sim"), and test each outfit. If they show up as only mesh, with skin showing instead of texture, then there's usually something wrong with the value names. Close down BS and fix it in SimPE.

You can reference any outfits that shares the same UV mapping. Age conversions are usually the best fits, but some gender conversions can work, too.

Oh, and I got new glasses  Grin

(quite a lot better than my first try, here)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 07:27:05 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 11, 2010, 09:00:05 pm »

Ooh, I love the glasses. Where'd you get them from???
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #740 on: December 11, 2010, 10:32:04 pm »

Wow.  I'm still wrapping my head around that....  My polo shirt sets just shrank from 6 files to 2!

(I assume the reference files can then be exported and imported into the original file?)

Rose/Miros
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #741 on: December 12, 2010, 03:06:24 am »

(I assume the reference files can then be exported and imported into the original file?)

I'm not sure they can, and I don't think I've seen anyone do it. I leave them as two different files. But you could try. I suggest backing up the files before you try, though.

Fate, I think they were from Sim-Antics. EKozski was kind and sent the files to me  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:38:05 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 12, 2010, 04:21:57 am »

They're by Simenroute and they used to be on Sim~Antics, but a lot of content get eaten by the internet monster when they transferred hosts. Those glasses were, sadly among the victims.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 12, 2010, 08:58:17 am »

Aww, it's sad when great CC is lost Sad
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: December 13, 2010, 12:24:57 pm »

Playtested myself  Grin (yes, sim-Me also likes to read...)

(bigger)

My site:

fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 13, 2010, 01:24:19 pm »

I love the scenery! Nicely done, girl Wink
JocusDorkus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #746 on: January 10, 2011, 08:37:01 am »

Ah! Omg, a page late, but the babies sets are SO effin' adorable! *squee* Ugh, to die for!
And the edits to the pics, especially for the little angel and devil, are just so amazing! Perfect!  Rock

LJ: JDsims
"I'm really glad he's getting married, I was just hoping it wasn't to someone who has a spider infested soul..."
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #747 on: January 13, 2011, 05:12:08 pm »

Haven't updated in ages... oh, well.

I'm working (re-working, really) a project to fill out the nursery and NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) units on my hospital lot. Infant exam bed and incubator, plus some new deco babies for them. With my remeshed version of the Baby Dangle Monster and one of the shiftable OMSPs, I can (sort of) also place "real" babies inside them.

(sorry for the naked baby - hope it doesn't offend anyone. I just had the wrong infant outfit in my game, and had to change outfit to naked so it didn't look completely off...)

(bigger)

The new deco babies (which are still in progress, so these are not ingame pics)

I've also helped XPTL a little with some re-meshing (the birthing bed), and fixed the old deco babies to fit in better in the bassinet (I borrowed snowstorm's mesh, cloning XPTL's version of the bassinet so that deco babies can be put in it without cheats).

Also made some (totally unrelated) hair recolors. Planning to Pooklet them, whenever I get the time to do so.

So if anyone wonders why I haven't posted a new LFB chapter... This is why. I've also just started nurse studies, so I've got a busy Real Life, too. But there will be a chapter whenever my head is a bit less distracted by other things.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:27:24 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #748 on: January 24, 2011, 07:09:22 pm »

These are pictures I took for LFB (chapter 62), but realized that they didn't quite fit the text after all.
It's meant to be from when Lily and Aidan were just born (Jenna is the one with the pink head cover).

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:12:05 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #749 on: January 24, 2011, 09:52:51 pm »

They are adorable regardless! I love them sooo much!

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: