Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 11:32:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Certain Files when downloaded are different  (Read 1256 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:08:14 am »

I had what may be a stupid question but here it goes! When I downloaded certain files like some skintones, vehicles and especially hair files it looks like they are not packaged after downloading and have a file extention of EFW and look like a piece of paper with an A on it before I even get a chance to extract them. But my other downloads I have, after extraction look like a window with six small boxes in it. Why arn't the "A" files showing up in my game but all my other ones are?  I do have winrar and the lastest CEP files. But everything else got lost because I had to have my computer wiped recently. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I have all expansions except open for buisness & no stuff paks. Is there some other program I am missing or should be using? I didn't have this problem before I installed Bon Voyage. I am a big fan of Peggy sims 2 and most of her hair files are gone or won't show either. Any thoughts on this. It's driving me nuts.
Thanks
Ldyvamp
JayAngel
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:21:58 am »

It sounds as though your anti-virus software is renaming the files because it doesn't like the look of them.  To open them, you should be able to change the extension to 'zip' and open with Winzip.  Be sure they are safe before you do that and that they come from a reputable source.

VISIT ME HERE AT INSIMENATOR: JAY'S HOME FOR FALLEN ANGELS
OR HERE AT MY SITE: AFTER MIDNIGHT SIMS 2
Whether angels or devils pursue me
In the dark I cannot tell...

Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 11:46:14 am »

OK I noticed that my slim body builder and my cpu files are doing the same thing. When I click to open them nothing happens. All of these that I cannot use say that they are EFW files. How do I change the file extension name? Do I just click on the file and change it or do I put it in winzip and then change it? Would it make a difference if I put it into a zipped folder and then unzip it with winzip? Sorry I have never had this problem before so I am going in blind.  

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Ldyvamp
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: