Insimenator.org
May 19, 2024, 06:12:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics-Related Question! : )  (Read 1945 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
massnerder

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2008, 07:18:55 pm »

Okie, sorry if this has been posted before, but I'm rather desperate to know:

I've seen many beautiful pictures from the Sims 2 - lovely graphics, nice, smooth edges, beautiful lighting, etc. But mine always turn out pixelly and sort of weird. It was Buffy's shots, specifically, that made me wonder. Is it just because my graphics card sucks? Or is there a setting on the game that I can change to improve this?

"An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way." -Charles Bukowski
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 07:23:17 pm »

i know how you feel envying Buffy's shots! xD
All you can do, short of buying a new graphics card, is make sure you have all your game settings to high, and the smooth edges thingie ( you'll find it in the same place you fix you camera settings) set to 'more'
Also photoshop can help too, diffuse/glow effects can make a boring pic more interesting, and sharpen, of course, will make the picture sharper, lol.

Sorry I'm not much help... I'm sick and drugged up to my eyeballs on lemsip Cheesy

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 08:01:08 pm »

Here are 2 links in which pros are giving away some of their tips you should take a look at:

Photoshop Tutorials/General Photo Editing links and advice

How to TAKE pictures!
massnerder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 11:40:23 pm »

MiM! I've been wanting to do that for sooo long, but for some reason I'm unable to select that option in my game. Do you know why?

And MissDoh, the first one was helpful, I'd never seen it before. I have read the second one time and time again, though. : P

"An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way." -Charles Bukowski
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 12:02:11 am »

If you don't have the option to 'smooth edges' (if its greyed out), then your graphics card doesn't support it (like mine Sad), I find that the auto contrast function in Photoshop (or equivalent), does wonders if you take pics when your graphics (and texture detail) set to high.

Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 07:05:53 am »

oh, i didn't know the smooth edges thing wasn't supported. That sucks! D:
There is loads you can do in photoshop like Ghen said! Cheesy

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
massnerder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 09:48:20 am »

Thanks, Ghen. I figured it had something to do with my crappy card.

I have PSP, which I usually try to make do with. : P

When we ordered my laptop, we just got an integrated one, and the graphics are fine, but I also do a lot of other graphic work on my computer, so maybe I'll invest in an nvidia one?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: