Insimenator.org
May 10, 2024, 12:07:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: corrupted default mesh  (Read 2619 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
purecorkboy06

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2008, 01:08:57 pm »

one of the main default meshes has become corrupted. It is used on a lot of sims. This is quite a big issue and I have uninstalled and reinstalled so this is something I've tried to fix. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas? here are some screenshots

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:59:38 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:11:56 pm »

Which mesh is it? Is it possible you have more than one of the same type of default replacement in your game?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
purecorkboy06

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 10:43:49 pm »

I'll post what it should look like tomorrow when I have time
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 11:33:08 pm »

You probably have a default replacement which is replacing the original one, just take that one out and it will fix it.  Until you remove it from your downloads folder, it won't be fix.

Reinstalling won't fix this if you keep adding the same downloads back in the game.
purecorkboy06

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 07:33:16 am »

Quote from: MissDoh;1092893
You probably have a default replacement which is replacing the original one, just take that one out and it will fix it.  Until you remove it from your downloads folder, it won't be fix.

Reinstalling won't fix this if you keep adding the same downloads back in the game.

no i never used any default replacements. it can't be that
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 07:56:24 am »

You might have one that you are not aware of.  Normal cc that are using mesh should not replace Maxis default unless specified.

At worst, take all of your cc out and add small batch until you found the culprit.

To really know if it is cc related or not, take ALL of your cc out and check if clothes are showing normally without ANY cc.  If so, then for sure something in your downloads is affecting this.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 07:59:46 am »

It is possible that you got it inadvertantly by downloading and installing a Sim that also included the mesh in the sims2pack file.
purecorkboy06

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 10:05:08 am »

perhaps I can fix this with a replacement default and save me the trouble of sifting thru over 4gb of content. does anyone know a site for defaults?
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 10:19:58 am »

You would be better off finding this replacement mesh and deleteing it. If you don't it could cause problems with whatever replacement you found.

Is the outfit on a Sim in the CAS sim bin? If it is you should be able to find the name of it by running her through the creation process. And then by doing a folder search or if you have the original file she came in you could use clean installer to find it.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 10:04:43 pm »

Using 2 default replacement for the same thing is a no-no.  I guess you won't have a choice but to cut your downloads in 2 part until you found the culprit.  Maybe there is a mention of "default" the file name.

You can use Delphy's download organizer program (found at MTS2) to sorth them out in sub-category so if you put everything only in the downloads folder, you can seperate them into sub-folder so it will be easier to find the culprit.

I personally have a sub-folder into which I put all mods, another for clothes, another for hair, another for objects, etc...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 10:14:31 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: