Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 03:42:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Bon Voyage Crashing w/o Downloads! *unresolved*  (Read 4601 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 08:32:41 am »

Its only since i got this new computer! Nothing works, i bought it off ebay and it came without a operating system, so i bought Vista, installed it and although this guy said it was made for vista.... it wasn't! i couldn't connect to the net, my video card drivers wouldn't work and i couldn't access my mobo cd, so i was stuck without sound and all that. So i then installed XP 32 bit and even though my comp is a 64 bit i have read it should work fine... well i guess it just wanted to be a pain in the arse for me! Resets itself, when i download it says the files are corrupt, won't let me install my Sims.

I do have another comp but it only has 512mb memory and a 128mb graphics card and is about 10 years old so i can't buy anythin powerful to put in it because it probably wouldn't be compatible! My sims works on there but is very slow and crappy graphics... i was gettin used to the good graphics!

It was pay day for me today... i may just have a look at new computers to see if i can afford one that is goin to work!

Char
xxx

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 09:23:11 am »

What video card do you have? Having Vista (which, in my opinion, is the epitome of evil) changes a few of the minimum requirements to run the game. Look at this thread here. Close to the top of the readme you'll see the system requirements and supported Video cards.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 01:46:00 pm »

I agree that vista is the epitome of all evil that ever existed. It is crap! i will  have a look now...GE Force 7300 SE in my 'new' computer, which according to that thread that graphics card should be compatible.

Char
xxx
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 01:49:13 pm by Charley » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: