Insimenator.org
May 11, 2024, 12:00:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: My game runs the way I think... slowly.  (Read 4648 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 02:20:39 pm »

Killacamy, not sure if this is of any help but do you have these items in a subfolder of your downloads folder? This comes to mind as all your other CC shows. I have heard that these items may not show if in a subfolder. If so remove them to desktop and put them back in the main Downloads folder.  The program Sims2 Pack Clean Installer can be very useful for moving CC around in game and it does many other things as well. Just right click on the file and it will give you options to move/delete/etc. If you don't have it and would like it you can find it here. Hope you get it solved soon.

EDIT: I see you deleted goups cache but you may also want to try deleting cigen if you haven't. It is related to bodyshop so maybe that will help too.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 02:24:39 pm by trl » Logged

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 02:42:25 pm »

Check your thread, Killacammy.  I just posted my response in it.  Wink

killacammy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 12:54:19 pm »

oh my living days... thank you, everyone, ive been trying to get them to work for SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO loonnggg and now they work!!!!!!
i renamed the collections folder 'Downloads' and deleted accessory.cache and groups.cache and cigen and it works!!!!!!!! thank you lot soooo much, especially Tenshii~Akari ! Cheesy:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 04:22:20 am »

Quote from: jordinary;1119909
Ever since I've downloaded custom content I've had reason to believe that it's been making my game lag or take forever to load. The places it takes the longest to are:

THE loading screen before it asks you which neighborhood you want to play.

The other two are when I'm in CAS and I want to select eyes. it takes about 5 minutes to load the actual CAS and another 5 minutes to go back to the neighborhood screen and to the house.

From time to time it takes forever for it to do the simplest of tasks like walking or teleporting, becoming a plantsim, werewolf, dying:blob6:, coming back to life (lol)

Is there anyway at all of making my Sims 2 go faster without screwing around with the graphics? Whew, that sounds impossible.

You probably have a few objects that are insane in poly count. I had a bed that was almost 40000F not saying whom it was from(the game ran fine with them in it after it loaded) and my game was taking about 8/10 minutes to load with 4 gigs of of CC and 8 gigs of ram. My first clue was when I went into the folders and arranged them by size I had a bed that was over 15 megs. A fountain that was about 10 megs. I looked at them in SimPe and was like oh my gosh! Opened my game and deleted them from my lot, then I deleted just those two things from my downloads and my game went from 8/10 minutes loading time back down to about 4/5 minutes. Seriously, just those two things and all their recolors.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 04:41:30 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: