Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 08:18:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing custom content in CAS... anyway to relocate?  (Read 1801 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Reluctantly Human

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2008, 04:22:13 pm »

Now I'm pretty convinced my computer is actually eating files (I lose an MP3 or two once a month), but that is not really the point. I have scads of items in CC (hair, and clothing mostly) that is simply shown as being one of the default base game items. I assume for most of these instances I'm simply missing the mesh for the items in question, and if found everything would be copacetic. I of course never did a good job of writing down where everything came from or anything easy like that.

So my question is, is there a program that will show me which files will not work in game, but do so outside of the game so I don't have to wait for it to load before deleting them or trying to find the missing items? I know there is that one program that shows you duplicate files and what hacks you have in your download folders, so something similar to that would be rockin.

-KEvin
Reluctantly Human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 05:03:59 pm »

So I found the page on MTS that dealt with this exact issue, and it mentioned there were no easy methods of finding or deleting the problem items. I'm going to try going through the Bodyshop, since that loads (nominally) faster, and try deleting the items from there. If anyone knows of a better method though, feel free to let me know.

-KEvin
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 06:31:38 pm »

So you found the Sims2Pack Clean Installer?It works outside the game.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
Reluctantly Human

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 11:18:45 pm »

I am familiar with that program, but I have not used it yet. I knew it found hacks for you, but I did not know if it did anything for missing meshes/textures. I'll double check it out though, to see if the answer has been right under my nose the whole time.
kokozas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 08:25:01 pm »

Delphy download organizer can be of help. You can scan orphan files (recolors w/o meshes & vice versa) with it. It's in mts2 I think.
Reluctantly Human

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 05:04:53 pm »

Awesome, that sounds like exactly what I need. Thank you both.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: