Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 10:04:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello I am new here and need some game help  (Read 2012 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pika1979@yahoo.

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2008, 09:58:47 pm »

well here is the whole of it. I have all the exp. and stuff packs instaled. I have been playing the game with no problems up untill a few weeks ago. one day I loaded my game and wanted to bring up the cheat window to move some objects. But the window did not come up. Now I have been playing sims for year and have learned that if someting is wrong close the game and restart the computer. after that it still did not work. So the next step was to uninstall the BV game and reintall. That also didnt work. So I tried again. at this point I forgot to save my downloads folder and everything was deleated. but after i instaled the game this time it worked fine. So I went back and downloaded most of the stuff that I used to have. So now the only CC that i have is a hand full of skins and quite a few objects from Simslice.com. but now the cheat window is not coming up again. now before i go and uninstal BV again i wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem or if this is something new. and if any one knows how to fix the problem or if i should just wait for Free Time to come out and see if it fixes it. sorry this is so long but I wanted to be sure that most questions would be answered for help. Thank you.
nuttyspiritual

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 10:46:38 pm »

ok by sounds of it do u think maybe it is the CC u have downloaded maybe try taking the stuff out see if the cheat box comes back if so then something u are downloading is upsetting yr game play is weird mind u it would effect the cheat box ive never had a prob with it i run all expansion packs to and quite a few CC and mods to alter the game and no probs woohoo lol good luck hope u sort it or someone can help but just out of curiosity take yr CC out and reload the game see if it works again might be something u recently downloaded it conflicted with u will have to find it if it is
Pika1979@yahoo.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:17:54 pm »

i tried taking my downloads folder out as well. sorry forgot to say that before. and just to be sure i even tested it out in the goths house. so the problem is not the download folder. oddly. i am going to try once more to uninstall my BV game and see if it works again. I will not add in any downloads untill after testing.
nuttyspiritual

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 05:40:13 pm »

hmmm something ive never come accross before sounds strange lol ive never known the cheat box not appearing and if it was working before and just stopped happening that is even weirder maybe someone else can help on this one does the game load and play ok its not slow sluggish or anything like that not sure what system u run graphics etc... cos sometimes if u running a smaller system it does take longer for things to appear or happen unless something in the other expansions u have hasnt loaded proper u might need to reinstall the whole lot and start from fresh maybe
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:01:32 pm »

Before going to extremes agian I would take out all of the simslice CC and see if the problem stems from those.

I found something odd yesterday. I had a female child whose right lower arm was invisible. After fooling around I found that one of the kid accessories earrings was causing the problem. Just experiment! Although they never seemed a problem before, one of your files may be the culprit.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Pika1979@yahoo.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 01:20:18 am »

ok i think i have found the problem. i took everything out of my downloads folder and rebooted the game. still nothing. so i went out on a limb and uninstaled everything. then reinstaled everything one at a time. the proplem showed itself when i instaled the patch for BV from thesims2.com web site. so now the question is dose anyone know how to deleat just the patch? i just added free time in hopes that it would fix itself and there was not luck there either.
RBWpg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 01:40:44 am »

One trick I have found is if you unzip the original download, not to install just to get the file name. Then just search for that name in the downloads folder. Has worked well for me when I have downloaded something new but forgot to make a note of the file name before installing.
JaneRob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 07:13:39 am »

Hey, l have had problems with that patch too, l find it works better without it.
Cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: