Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 03:14:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Changing Downloads  (Read 1265 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
talonhunter20

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2008, 09:34:39 pm »

I have a question about a custom vehicle I downloaded. I have put the item into my downloads folder however the vehicle never shows up. The file is 754 KB in size originally, but after exiting the game, the file is reduced to 1 KB. I don't have a clue at this point as to what to do. I tried to change the file to a 'read-only' state, which resulted in the game failing to load. Anyone know what to do?

The vehicle in question is Maximum_Spider's 2009 Chevy Camaro.

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends? -- Unknown
DarkHorse

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 09:55:05 am »

If it is a Sims2Pack it must be installed. To install double click and follow the prompts. If it is a package file, and you have enable custom content turned on, and you have the check for custom content at startup turned off, if all this is true then you are experiancing a problem my girlfriend had. To correct the problem, a do not put anything in any other folder other than saved sims, no subfolder ect and not in downloads. I do not understand the problem but this is a workable solution.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
talonhunter20

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 04:07:52 pm »

Thanks for responding DarkHorse,
I have examined the file, and found the file to be corrupt, apparently. I have re-downloaded it several times, and each download is the same. I get the .rar and extract it, and instead of a package file, it is a file with no extension. I associated it as a .package file, and it still gets changed to a 1Kb file.

Also, when attempting to open this file with SimPE, it gives the error message: "Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown."

Once again, thanks for responding DarkHorse, but further investigation has resulted in me abandoning this download, as I can't find a "working" copy of the mesh. :-(

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends? -- Unknown
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: