Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 08:19:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Just about fed up with Free Time - Problem solved 3/20/2008 Yay!!  (Read 11141 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 11:24:33 am »

I just checked in the Add/Remove programs and the last used date is weird...1/31/2072. Why would it be such a weird date?

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 06:25:52 pm »

I uninstalled Bonvoyage and FreeTime, then I cleaned my registry. I installed the Seasons patch, because I wasn't sure I ever did that, then I installed BV, the BV patch and finally FT. I was able to move a family from the bin to an empty beach lot, so apparently I have something in my DL folder that was causing a problem. I have a contest round to finish up and now I am worried that if I add back any of my CC the game won't work properly. Whoa is me!!!

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
GisIzzy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 07:20:57 pm »

i reported this to EA and they weren't that much help. hey wanted a diagnostic of my computer
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 07:43:11 pm »

They are never much help whenever I have contacted them. Thanks for trying.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
GisIzzy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 02:19:56 am »

ya i'm about to give up on free time and sell it. i'm afraid of selling it. dude I just Hope that EA gets that patch out soon. how long does it take for them to make a patch anyways?
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 11:15:44 am »

Well, I was able to play the beach lot last night with some newly downloaded skins. I had some downloaded sims in my game before I did the reinstallation of BonVoyage and FreeTime and maybe some of their content was causing a problem for me. Before I uninstalled BV and FT I used SimPe to extract the sims I wanted keep and I saved them in my saved sims file. Well, I still have them but their original skin is now gone since I did not add back my old skins or hair files. I think that perhaps a file in one of those folders was corrupted. I was able to add back my body meshes and clothing files with no problem. Now I am going to try adding back my buildmode files and then I am going to download some new furniture if that works. I have gotten rid of anything I had before, because I am not sure what files were causing me problems or which were corrupted. I am okay with losing some of it, because I never used all of it anyway. I am just happy I can play the game now.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
GisIzzy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 05:55:14 pm »

what i'm gonna do i uninstall the game and wait till EA fixes that problem.
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 05:31:19 pm »

I haven't had that problem at all. Before you start the game try deleting the cache files in the Sims 2 folder in My Documents to see if that will help. Do you have any hacks/mods in your game? They may be the source of the problem, especially if they haven't been updated for FT.

I am happy to report that I have been able to play my yesterday and today with no problems or crashes. I have downloaded new content, but I don't think I will try get back everything I deleted. The hacks/mods I do have are all updated for FT, with the exception of Insim but I am only using the OBJ version for now. I guess the only good thing that came out of the problems is that my game loads much faster without all the CC that I didn't always use. My DL folder is so neat and catergorized now....I laugh when I look at it....but I feel confident that I can now located files so much easier should they become a problem.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 05:34:41 pm »

I think u have a hack in your game that causes all these Errors.
I don't currently own free time or Bon voyage.
But learn from my past mistakes in 2006.
I had a lot of Errors back then, I didn't even realized I downloaded a house that had 20 hacks in it.
My game suffered Bad memories back in 2006.
I recomend, that u guys keep your game safe and clean from, I read all these problems, I feel so bad to see other simmers suffer these crashes and game losses.
make sure u clean out hacks playing a New Exp pack.
One hack I didn't realized I had caused my sims to Disappear right after they Eat or use the Computer, I can't remember which hack it was, but it nearly made my sims just disappear.
Keep your game safe from hacks in your free time or Bon voyage games.
Delete Group cache file, this file gets curupted alot.

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
GisIzzy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 12:52:37 am »

hey AjiDivine what what hacks do u have , and  were did u get them. Congrats on fixing the problem .
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 02:40:07 pm »

I am using updated hack/mods from MATY and Inteenimater (TwoJeffs). Oh yeah I have also have a few from Paladin.

My Apocalyse Challenge
3rd Place in The Devil
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008, 08:22:36 am »

I bought Free Time a week after it was released,shame on me for buying into all the hype:D I had some crashing and freezing issues in my game as well,I have loads of CC(over 4 gigs),I  must say I didn't realize that all the new options on the bookcases,plumbing,etc. would be problematic(silly,stupid me! LOL)Anyway,I uninstalled Free Time because I coulden't part with my CC,I already had to uninstall Bon Voyage due to all the bugs,and Seasons due to the BSOD,now my EP's stop at Pets,in my opinion,Seasons,Bon Voyage and Free Time are nothing more than nice,shiny paper weights

Lover of lederhosen
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 09:37:12 am »

Freetime has issues with a lot off cc but, I got all 4500+ of my cc files back. Took me two days of adding five at a time and running the game but I finally got it all in there. seems adding too much at once crashes it but it is fine if you take it slow and let the game see the cc and use it before adding more. The only item I had to eliminate was a set of spiral stairs due to a crash when I use C-boy adult content. I'd rather have the adult CC than spiral stairs.
GisIzzy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 02:53:58 pm »

i gave up , i uninstalled  free time , i'm just gonna wait for ea to fix that problem, i hope they do, but they might not since they don't like cc. but i really really hope they do . come one who really plays the game with out the cc
daniball95

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 03:38:07 pm »

i had that same problem! but i took out all my custim content and reloaded it a little at a time so i could find out which ones didn't work
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: