Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 03:40:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving Day (I must be missing something)  (Read 4506 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
VaSims222

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2008, 03:27:42 pm »

Hi, I've hunted everywhere I can think of for even so much as a discussion of this, so I must be missing something.

Here is my problem, I have a married couple, they have LOTS of plaque's, rewards, and other items that can't be purchased.

I want to move.

The three lousy slots per Sim for inventory doesn't begin to cover it.

It may seem like no big deal, but you know you work for that stuff, I have an "awards trophy" room with plaques all over the place, now I would like to move into a better house, but I'm stuck.

I'm not much for building houses from scratch, I do renovate them to death though, or I would simply tear the house down, use lot adjuster, and build a new house.

I have all the EP's and SP's, so I thought I might try using OFB and moving my stuff 3 items at a time to a store, then moving. Will that work? (I just got OFB as part of a birthday present.)

I would really rather have a better solution then that though, as my poor aging PC takes awhile to load when ever I go somewhere in the car. (A new PC is not an option, I'm putting a daughter through NYU, nuff said on that subject.)

Ideally there would be some mod that would let me pack a bunch of objects into a crate, put the crate in my inventory, then move. Given that I can't find such an object I would guess it's likely not feasible.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, or even just a "man up and live with it", would be appreciated.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 04:48:30 pm »

You're obviously in the wrong place with this question. try the GAME HELP section

and there's not only 3 slots in the inventory. use the arrow to see all of it. I've not yet managed to reach the limit in the inventory, and I've stored quite a lot in there

*and I'm still wondering how on earth people manage to see the tiny thread called "anecdote assistance" in the stories forum, and not the giant forum called "game help"*
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 04:54:11 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 06:00:20 pm »

Exactly! I don't get how so many people manage to post their stuff in this tiny nearly invisible forum, and don't notice the requests-forums and such. It's just odd..

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

VaSims222

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 08:38:27 pm »

Quote from: theraven;1241230
You're obviously in the wrong place with this question. try the GAME HELP section

and there's not only 3 slots in the inventory. use the arrow to see all of it. I've not yet managed to reach the limit in the inventory, and I've stored quite a lot in there

*and I'm still wondering how on earth people manage to see the tiny thread called "anecdote assistance" in the stories forum, and not the giant forum called "game help"*

Always first, THANK YOU.

In one famous word, syllable? D'OH! So, I was seriously missing something, the down arrow in the inventory. It's not the first "obvious" thing I've missed in this game and likely won't be the last.

It does explain why there is no discussion or mod references anywhere about it as an issue though. (Nice to know I'm singular in something at least, if stupidity counts that is.

In answer to your question, I thought Anecdote was a strange name for a Help topic, BUT, it does say: "Anecdote Assistance Need help? Ideas? Tips? Post here!",

Note the "Need help?" phrase, plus in the case of my post the Ideas and Tips topic applied as well. I did do a search here as well as Goggle using as many terms as I could think of to get help, ideas or tips about this.

OTOH: Help says, "General Sims 2 Help General Sims 2 help questions/discussion not covered under other areas of the forum."

Note the not covered under other phrase, and the Anecdote forum comes BEFORE IT!

Second, when you open the Help forum, which I did before posting here, the fist thing you see is a Vista sticky, the second thing you see is Body Shop sticky. Hmm, looks like a modder's and  systems / bugs forum, at least at first blush.

Now, if you have ever read the flaming a poster's butt gets for a misplaced post, not here I mean every where on the Net, and you add to that the toasting I've seen people get in Sims MOD forums for placing game play questions, it is pretty easy to understand why people would pick this board.

If I were Admin here I would just remove the phrase, "Need Help" from the Anecdote topic description, problem solved.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 08:54:17 pm »

There was no reason to be so condescending from anyone, for you posting here. There are plenty of experienced posters in this forum that will see their posts moved, because they've posted in the wrong area. This is also becoming quite a debate, as to how people are talking to other people here. This isn't another forum where we are the schoolyard bullies and can treat people however we like. I myself have posted in the wrong thread before, and had to have my post moved. So don't worry about posting in the wrong thread, accidents happen. The mods will move it if it needs to be moved. And no your not the only one that's had this, or any other problem in the Sims. Many posts from other forums have been removed over time, it's considered a no no/necromancy to revive older posts, etc...you may have just worded your question/problem differently than someone else. You should not have been talked too/treated like that.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
VaSims222

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 10:04:32 pm »

Quote from: PegasusDiana;1241433
There was no reason to be so condescending from anyone, for you posting here. There are plenty of experienced posters in this forum that will see their posts moved, n someone else. You should not have been talked too/treated like that...

While I don't, as a what 1 post noob, do not wish to get into an on going debate among board vet's,  I was / am grateful that the person who replied gave me the info I was looking for, and the answer was timely.

Compare that to posts, not necessarily here, that get no replies from anyone and I'll take an answer anyway someone with more experience in the game, or at the board I post to, is willing to give.

I answered the question as if it were not rhetorical, because how I decided which board to post to was still fresh in my mind and I figured that if it were a real problem that description might help admin in addressing the issue. I really appreciate this site, the mods, and the info on the forums, though I obviously have little to contribute, I wanted to do what I could.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 06:00:27 am »

Oh, I'm sorry if I came of harsh!
I do realize there are a lot of threads and stuff on here, so it's hard to find the correct place to post. It's just that lately it seems like a lot of people just don't look good enough, even though from your reaction i can clearly see that you did look hard enough. And there is a sticky here, explaining what Anecdote Assistance is for ("What Anecdote Assistance is for.").
So yeah, I'm sorry if I sounded mean, it wasn't my intention, but I guess it came off like that because I already was a bit irritated.

I'm glad you found your solution though. ^^
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 06:02:45 am by AlbinoBambi » Logged

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 04:04:25 pm »

Quote from: VaSims222;1241463
While I don't, as a what 1 post noob, do not wish to get into an on going debate among board vet's,  I was / am grateful that the person who replied gave me the info I was looking for, and the answer was timely.

Compare that to posts, not necessarily here, that get no replies from anyone and I'll take an answer anyway someone with more experience in the game, or at the board I post to, is willing to give.

It's not really so much a debate, both the ladies that posted to you have always been extremely helpful to the new people. Both are very friendly. I think that's why I was kinda shocked to see that. But, we also have to remember there are some that do accidently post in the wrong thread. Or don't realize a question has been asked over and over.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
VaSims222

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 08:12:33 pm »

Quote from: AlbinoBambi;1241662
Oh, I'm sorry if I came of harsh!
I do realize there are a lot of threads and stuff on here, so it's hard to find the correct place to post. It's just that lately it seems like a lot of people just don't look good enough, even though from your reaction i can clearly see that you did look hard enough. And there is a sticky here, explaining what Anecdote Assistance is for ("What Anecdote Assistance is for.").
So yeah, I'm sorry if I sounded mean, it wasn't my intention, but I guess it came off like that because I already was a bit irritated.

I'm glad you found your solution though. ^^

Thank you for the help, and for all the replies, a sure sign of a healthy community.

I did not feel your post was "harsh", I thought of it more in the "gentle" reminder category, and I did not read the sticky as I should have, and I know better then that, but I was frustrated, etc.

OTOH, I also appreciated where PegasusDiana was coming from so I didn't want to undercut her by saying that before, because "gentle" to me may be "harsh" to someone else. Plus there is the "have no pity on the newbie fool who gets between 2 board vets", rule.

When I started on the Net our major protocols were Telnet & Usenet, I was playing MUDs on Compuserv, Delphi, Genie and even Prodigy for awhile, and I'm a survivor of the Derek Smart flame wars, among others, may the gods of the Net not cast fire down on my unworthy head for invoking that name. So, what I define as "harsh" is likely not printable on this board.

Thanks again, between Insim and MtS I've had a real blast playing, as my daughter likes to remind me, with dolls!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: