Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 04:44:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bool Prop Help  (Read 2640 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Maridian

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2008, 11:44:39 am »

I have a problem: I put TestingCheatsEnabled cheat on and I never knew how to turn it off. So I left it on [yes vert stupid of me], and after a while I noticed in build mode the foundation tool for the inside of the home to make split level houses won't work anymore the diagonal and normal. The other foundations do work.

My computer has three accounts so the Sims game works on all three seperately. My mothers does not work either since I sadly told her about the cheat.

My father doesn't play the sims so I went to "his" game and everything is normal as if the game was just installed [no custom content or anything]. I never did the cheat in his game. The foundations all of them work for him.

Does this mean the CD is not damaged? or Just the files on the computer? If it's just the computer will re-installing the game fix the problem?

Is there any way to fix it? As long as the CD isn't ruined I'm okay with it for the most part I can just do split levels on my dads. Thanks for the help.

ETA: another reason could possibly be that I updated the Sims Freetime with the new patch, but I never took my hacks out.

I tried takng them out a few days ago, but it still won't fix the problem.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:25:10 pm by Maridian » Logged
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 11:57:10 am »

re-open your cheat window and type this to turn off the cheat:
boolprop testingcheatsenabled false

Just know that once you quit the game, the cheat is automatically turn off unless you place it in a userstartup file; if that's the case then you will need to edit the userstartup file and remove the command you do not like in it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 11:59:11 am by MissDoh » Logged
Maridian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 12:00:16 pm »

I tried turning it off yesterday, but it won't fix my problem it still  is disabled for the foundation.

Side Note: I have to re-typing the cheat to get it to work it's not in the userstartup Smiley.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 01:19:27 pm »

You may have some other cheats enabled that are interfering with building.  Just to be sure, use these:

moveobjects off
boolprop Allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false
boolprop SnapObjectsToGrid true
boolprop ConstrainFloorElevation true

Capitalization is not needed.  I did it to help you read the cheats better Smiley
All four of these can prevent you from building a house properly if set to the opposite (on instead of off, true instead of false, false instead of true).

boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled will have no effect on house building that I've run across, but unless there's a reason for having the cheats enabled, most users are better off with the cheats disabled.  I run with cheats enabled all the time and have had no problems with game play or building.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 01:19:35 pm »

boolprop codes are turned on or off with EITHER on/off or true/false (depends on the code). retyping the cheat you used first won't help. you must use the other version of it (if it's turned off with false, it's turned on with true)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Maridian

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 02:02:30 pm »

I tried the cheats and it still won't work, I appreciate all the help. Maybe I'm still doing it wrong I'll keep trying if not I'll just re-intall my game Smiley.

ETA: when  lick on the tool, and try to use it it says "cannot intersect fence or half wall".
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 02:23:56 pm by Maridian » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 03:08:47 pm »

If you don't see a fence or wall that is causing the problem, try a different lot or move out of that one, bulldoze it, and place a new lot there.
Maridian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 04:10:40 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1222150
If you don't see a fence or wall that is causing the problem, try a different lot or move out of that one, bulldoze it, and place a new lot there.

tried that as well I went into a new neighborhood even still unable to use it, it's so weird.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 06:20:59 pm »

Are you not able to use the foundation tool at all? From the start of building, or somewhere in the middle?  I have found that when building and using alot of building cheats, ( I use debug mode all the time since 2006) my foundation tool will not go or stay on an upper level while I try to work out a basement. When that happens, I save with the save/file icon, then I go back to building with no problem. That happens when I use alot of build cheats. I don't know why tho. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 09:22:22 pm »

Just know that it is not because you turned on the testing cheat that you have these problem.  Once you quit the game it is turned off automatically for good.

Did you recently add new cc in your game?  It could be the problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: