Insimenator.org
May 10, 2024, 07:43:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've Got A Few Questions  (Read 2625 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2008, 05:21:04 pm »

Hello,

My questions are, I'm thinking about getting Pets. Does the game come with a sign or whatever to stop the pets from coming inside your house like it did with the Original Sims Unleashed?

I was going to use some counters that came with Nightlife. Those neon looking ones. Well, when I clicked on it inside buy mode, the counter next to it shows up. None of my Downtown lots have those inside their business.
Even inside the Collection file, same thing. Thought it might have something to do with CEP.

Last question. Whew! When my Sim goes out for a drive, just ouside his garage, the car disapperars, and sometimes even the Sim itself. And coming home, he gets home before the car does. I tried moving everything on high, but still doesn't work. And this is the car that came with Nightlife. Haven't tried any others yet.

Thank you

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 12:21:09 am »

question 1: no but I think you can get a sign like that on one of the mod sites. you should check simwardrobe.com, simworkshop.com, and modthesims2.com. I've got a sign like that, but it was from a paysite.

2: o.O  no idea... maybe you have a conflicting mod in your game? download the newest CEP. maybe that helps. (I think it should work with all EP's as long as it's updated)

3. strange... maybe a mod conflict or something. I had some simmies that drove away for their vacation in an invisible taxi once Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 12:24:35 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 01:21:40 am »

I do have the lastest CEP.

In my Sims 2 folder, there's a folder called, z_CEP EXTRA, it has a few counters in there,and some kind of island.  I thought if I took them out, it might bring those counters back, but, it didn't.

The only mods I have is, Insim and stairs from Marvine. Nice circular stairs.

Thank you, Raven

The Sims 3.........NO!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 11:17:49 am »

do you only have the base game and uni? (because if you have free time, you have to take insim out, it might cause troubles).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 05:45:24 pm »

Hi there,

I have, University, Nightlife, and OFB.

I know it's not because of the amount of CC I have. I've got only 873MB.

I'll take my downloads folder apart later on and see what's going on.

The Sims 3.........NO!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 08:26:55 pm »

As far as the car and driver separating, I think it's normal under certain circumstances.  The car and driver are each objects that the program moves together to make it appear the driver is actually in the car.  My thoughts are your video card may not be able to move them together all the time.  I've had it happen mainly with some custom cars but not all, so it's possible the polycount plays in too.

With the Maxis counters appearing to be off by one, it's possible your object file is corrupted.  If you know your way around computers, you can pull the object.package from the TS2 install disk and compare file size and date stamp  with what you have on your computer now.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 12:43:14 am »

OK

On disc 4 of the Sims 2, I found a file called, objects.package TSData/Res/Objects
30,345 kb
8/17/2004

Program Files/EAGames

TheSims-objects.package TSData/Res/Objects 30,897kb 10/25/2005
It was all in blue print

University-objects.package TSData/Res/Objects 36,394kb 10/31/2005

Nightlife-objects.package TSData/Res/Objects 41,174kb 1/17/2006
It was all in blue print also

OFB-objects.package TSData/Res/Objects 47,847 5/25/2006

I think you're right, it might be corrupted. IF I have the right file

The Sims 3.........NO!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 10:21:00 am »

The base game object is corrupt.  Replace it with the one from the disk and your problems should be solved.  You can change the objects.package to read only to prevent corruption in the future.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 11:02:52 pm »

I copied the objects.package file from Disc 4 and pasted it in the Sims 2 folder
I didn't overwrite it. I made sure I deleted the one in Sims 2 first.

No change in the Nightlife counters.

I even checked the Nightlife CD and double checked the file size. Those are identical.

I got Pets today and installed that. Still no change. So, I don't.....

The Sims 3.........NO!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 11:08:42 pm »

Just out of curiosity, have you deleted the groups.cache file and all the thumbnail packages?  It could be something as simple as one of those indexes messing up.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 01:45:14 am »

I tried your suggestion and deleted the groups.cache and all the thumbnail packages. It didn't work.

I yanked my downloads folder and tried that, that didn't work either.

This is really an odd one. Wow.

It's just that neon bar and counter. Nothing else.

I wonder if it has something to do with OFB. Never had the problem until I installed that EP.

The Sims 3.........NO!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: