Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 10:43:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help items  (Read 2482 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
enteixax

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2008, 04:40:00 am »

I have downloaded a few items and clothing from this site. I have converted the .rar files to .package and have put it in /my documents/Ea games /the sims 2/downloads file. Still when i am in game all the clothings are there but the items dont apear in the catalog, and yes iv been in options and accept special content (I donno if you say this like this)

What can i do? HELP!!!!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 11:36:41 am »

you're supposed to OPEN the rar files, not CONVERTING them! the package files are inside the rar files.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
enteixax

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 11:57:55 am »

I have done that i opened them with 7-zip its only i didnt use the good therm, and the thing i realy dont understand is that they apear in the The Sims 2 Content Manager Tool !!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 12:01:58 pm by enteixax » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »

you did download the meshes, right?

and they should appear first in the opened zip map. then you mark them and drag them over to the downloads folder.

and if you install lots/houses, sims or walls, you should download the sims2 clean installer and open the "sims2pack" files with that instead of the default maxis installer.

(and have a little patience. even though I go through the help thread maybe a few times a day, I (and everyone else) are not running a "24-hour help-service". that means please NO PM's for questions in the help thread. if someone can help you, they'll answer here when they have the time.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 12:25:46 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
enteixax

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 12:24:53 pm »

ok thx ill try it right now
enteixax

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 12:42:07 pm »

Still it içsnt working i think im going to cry :sad4:
MacJake

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 01:33:15 pm »

If it's clothing not showing up, as was mentioned earlier it's possibly a missing mesh. Make sure when you download items that you thoroughly read the post. The creator will always say if a mesh is needed and usually where to find it.

It might be a good idea for you to take some time and read this just to confirm you did everything correctly.

If you did, then this is probably your next step in looking for a solution.

It's always a good idea to take some time and learn how everything works. It sometimes seems confusing at first but it gets easier the more you know.

securom.NOT

accompanied by lots of sword waving and whatnot
enteixax

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 04:42:34 am »

still not working for example sgoobysnacks29 "Greco/Roman Gods Statue Collection" items doesetn work they just dont apear in the catalog but yes they apear in the sims2Pack clean installer, yes i almost forgot clothing works on mi sims now.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 04:50:59 am by enteixax » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 06:28:51 am »

and also make sure you've got the expansion packs/stuff packs (EP/SP) that is required for the items.

(an if it's the collection files you are trying to install, remember that it's the objects you must install in the DL folder - not the collection file. that goes in collections)

My site:

enteixax

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 11:59:22 am »

I tried to download something else and it finaly works thanks very much for helping me im HAPPY!!! :punch:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: