Insimenator.org
May 16, 2024, 05:38:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem Installing OFB?  (Read 2090 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
seatnumberx3

View Profile WWW
« on: May 22, 2008, 02:23:59 am »

I've previously had OFB installed and am in the process of trying to reinstall it. However it gets up to 23% and it then comes up with an error that reads;

'a problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'TSData\Res\Sound\VoiceR1.package' frm the media'

Then asks if I want to cancel or retry. I've cleaned my disc, and it can't be my computer as I installed University and Nightlife also.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 03:28:53 am »

I had the same problem when I tried to install The Sims 2 CD.

What I did was, I changed disc drives. My regular DVD wouldn't read it. But, when I switched to my DVD R/W, it worked.

Then when I went to install the EP's, I had to reverse the drives. DVD R/W wouldn't work, but, the regular DVD drive worked. It was odd. But, I can play the game.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
seatnumberx3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 04:56:37 am »

I only have one drive (I'm on a laptop), but I did try installing it on my C: and my D: So I have no idea whats going on. And like I said, I've installed two other EP's today..
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 05:19:15 am »

OK.

Let me do a search on here and see if I can find something related to your problem.

EDIT:  I found this answer from a person with the same problem as yours.

Try uninstalling your games again. Once this is done, make sure you go to Program Files/EA Games/ and make sure the sims 2 folder is deleted there as well. Reinstalling will get you a new Sims 2 folder and you should be good to go.

Google is amazing sometimes Smiley
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 05:44:04 am by EKozski » Logged

The Sims 3.........NO!
seatnumberx3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 07:01:34 am »

Thanks for your awesome help, but my sister helped me out! She lent me her copy of OFB, and that one worked fine, so I'm going to chalk it up to some kind of error with the disk.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 07:14:51 am »

You're welcome Smiley

Have fun playing!!

The Sims 3.........NO!
seatnumberx3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 07:35:20 am »

I sure will!! Thanks again!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 07:36:54 am »

Even though your problem is solved, here's another way of getting your disk to work:

Restart your computer in Safe Mode by pressing F8 on the boot screen as soon as it comes up.  You should get a list asking you what mode you want to start in, and Safe Mode should be at the top.  

Once Safe Mode is enabled on your computer, you can follow the same installation process as normal... only it's going to be slow as heck.  :lol:  But it does have a better guarantee of installing the software completely.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: