Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 04:47:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hillcrest Point  (Read 3231 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Auronette

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:52:15 am »

This house was requested by: Farklemeister .  One thing I forgot to mention with my last upload…my bad!  I have all EPs through Seasons.  

House Specifics:

Cost: 132,706 Simoleans
Lot Size: 5X6
Baths: 4.5
Bedrooms: 4 Suites
Two Garages
Pool
Billiard Room
Laundry/Utility Room

The house is completely unfurnished and is not landscaped.  Therefore, it is merely a shell of a house with windows.  Time to let your imagination and your custom content take over!

Required Custom Content:

The windows & door items are required as they contribute strongly to the overall look of the house.

Included Custom Content:

ModTheSims2:   Tiggy027 Metro Windows Set.  Special thanks to Tiggy for making this very versatile set for free & for allowing it to be freely distributed with lots.  Thanks!

Auronette (me):  Putty Stucco with Faux Garage Doors.  Set includes 5 custom walls.

Auronette (me):  I've included another file in this thread.  It is a Photoshop file with layers for the Faux Garage Doors that I made.  Since many of you will want to use an alternate color than the one the house is downloaded with, I've given this file so that you can change the paint color on the Garage Door surrounding walls to match the color you need.  Feel free to redistribute this file with any houses which utilize the walls.  

Custom Content NOT Included but Required:

sims2graveyard.com[/URL] FORMER PAY Items from Sims2Luxe.  This site has now closed but the items are available for download from the graveyard.  The Graveyard site was down at the time of this documentation, however keep trying as it comes and goes.  You’ll need the following items:

Sims2Luxe Arch001, Arch 001 & Door 001 and recolor for arches and doors.

The Sims Resource: PAY ITEM Cyclonesue…Alpine Loft Window Set

MTS2: Invisible driveway and extension by:  roddyaleixo
REQUIRED...Invisible Driveway & Extensions

Known Issues:

The house was play tested for about 3 sim days, and the issues listed here are ones that are common with this type of housing design.  If you should happen to find any other problems that I did not, please post here so that I can fix and update the file.  Thanks!

As with all sideways driveways and extensions, the animations for the car leaving and entering the lot will be a bit jumpy.  The garage on the right side of the lot is a faked garage.  When I tested the lot, the cars were still able to come and go from the faked garage even though the doors did not actually exist on it.  

A couple of the walls in the kitchen area are diagonal and when I tested the lot I did have some Sims yelling about the angling of the countertops.  To avoid this you may want to make sure the fridge is directly next to one of the slots that are not diagonally placed.  This should prevent their incessant wailing. =D

The method used for linking the garage to the house is one that does leave the walls warped in places.  The Stucco paint I used was easily suited for camouflaging the areas, however, if you’re thinking it’s as fugly as I find it to be, you’ll undoubtedly wish to change it.  You may wish to try paints or wallpapers that are not strongly patterned or you may get some decorative plants large enough to cover these areas.

Additional Credits:
Numenor: CEP Package
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92541

House floorplans by:  
Original Floor Plans

Photos:  Click Thumbnails for full sized versions.

ENJOY!!
[/B]

* Auronette_Hillcrest_Point_F.gif (268.57 KB, 600x450 - viewed 5152 times.)
* Auronette_Hillcrest_ Point.zip (2346.26 KB - downloaded 206 times.)
* Auronette_Faux_Garage_Doors.zip (702.13 KB - downloaded 168 times.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 02:00:30 pm »

Thank you very much this house will be great in my Game

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 04:00:10 pm »

fab lot :thumbup: thanks Cheesy

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 04:22:44 pm »

WOW!

That is nice.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Farklemeister

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 12:57:26 am »

Very Nice.  Thank you so much.

:angel5:

Always expect the unexpected, and hope your Guardian Angel is there to help you through it.
SlimSimsTs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 09:35:13 am »

you did a very good job with that

I used to live on Hillcrest years ago, believe me, the house looked nothing like that LOL
Spookylicious

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 01:43:50 pm »

Thank you for sharing.

~•♥•~~•♥•~Chillin Like A Villain ~•♥•~~•♥•~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: