Insimenator.org
May 15, 2024, 01:27:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Content Problems  (Read 1201 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Rattslinger
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:23:05 pm »

Hello, I am having an issue with the custom content.  Whenever I extract the custom content it doesn't turn it into a .Sims2Pack, but a PACKAGE file, and when I change the extension back to .Sims2Pack, the files have no data for Clean Installer to install.

Has anyone else ran into this problem, or is this a problem with my PC?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 11:05:24 pm »

That means it's supposed to be a .package file.  That's the main format that the game reads content files.  Sims2Pack files are files packaged for sharing, and are NOT read by the game during gameplay, so changing a .package file to .sims2pack will yield nothing but an incompatible file with both programs... but switching it back to its original extension will make it seem as though nothing ever changed.  Wink

dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:26:30 pm »

I know what your talking about.After you saved your file or cc , You need to click on the package file, open with for example " Quick Zip" then extract to My Documents, EA Sims 2 Downloads . What i do is if i have more then one item to extract then i just click on the folder i saved my new cc in and select install all and then clean installer will open and install. Click o.k.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: