Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 07:52:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!! =[[  (Read 2094 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Rainymornings

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2008, 07:49:36 am »

Ok...so.I install sims 2 ...everything is ok.But at any other expansion that requires to use the sims 2 updater it gives me an error.What can I dooo Sad(?

I can't install university, I can't install nightlife, I can't install open for business.I can't install anything.At first I thought that it's a cd problem but when i tried to install nightlife i saw it isn't Sad
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 07:51:42 am by Rainymornings » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 08:10:29 am »

Each EP has it's own update/patch

Look for those.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:59:22 am »

ok you install Sims 2 base game just fine, and you have downloaded and installed the update for it from the website right? but when you next try to install University, when it gets to the part where it says it is checking to see if Sims 2 is up-to-date, you get an error code, is that correct?
Rainymornings

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 10:34:31 am »

yeah...Sad
Rainymornings

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 11:44:28 am »

It looks like now not even the base game works...this is what appears

and everthing frozes except my mouse ...Sad
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 09:19:18 pm »

:shock:  Huh... :scratch:  That looks like the beginning of the "EA Games" splash screen froze and stuck itself up above.  Are all of your graphics drivers and DirectX up-to-date?  And have you tried backing up your game data and re-installing the game from scratch, then installing all of your EPs before patching them?  You may have to do that if the patches don't install right at all.  :dontknow:

If you also don't mind me asking, what are your computer specs?  (Amount of RAM, video card type, etc.  You can find this info in the DirectX Diagnostics tool, located bottom of the first tab and video card info the upper left corner of the "Display" tab once you go to Start => Run, type in dxdiag, and click Open.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:22:43 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Rainymornings

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 02:57:46 am »

all done Smiley...I got a virus from a sims downloads site O.O and that kinda destroyed my pc...unfortunately I don't know the site name,because my antivirus found the name of the virus as Sims Dress O.o so i don't have any detail from where it came Sad... I reinstaled my windows , and now everything is ok Cheesy...thanks for all your help everyone...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 04:39:02 am by Rainymornings » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 06:53:09 am »

That's good to know.  :angel:  Kinda scary that you found a sims file with a virus in it.  Goes to show we all need to be on the lookout for this type of stuff.  :shock:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: