Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 05:43:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey look my game crashed AGAIN!  (Read 4449 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
andlovesaidno13

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2008, 11:38:43 am »

ugh i'm getting sick of this. The problems with my game crashing started after a while i installed free time. i cleaned up my downloads a bit and it was okay for a while. but now it just crashes when i try to change some ones appearance. It crashes after I hit the check mark.

I removed my entire downloads file and it still happened. i don't know what to do.

any suggestions please??

Feeling a little desperate. lol

::smilieiforgetwhi::Lets leave this place and say that we escaped
We'll say that there's no difference between right and wrong tonight
We'll leave no trace of plans that we have made
So they can't find us and take what is ours
::smilieiforgetwhi::
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 12:23:11 pm »

try deleting your Group.cache files, I don't own freetime, but deleting group.cache and cigen files are alot safe to delete. I hope this works for u

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
andlovesaidno13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 12:42:14 pm »

Okay I'll def try it

Just out of curiosity what is there any reason that would fix it, I mean I'll try it either way and if it works i really won't care lol just curious.

andlovesaidno13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 01:53:27 pm »

ugh no luck.

Any other ideas?

Please?

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 03:03:42 pm »

Besides the groups.cache file, the accessories.cache and cigen.package should be deleted also.  All three of these are indexes that are easily corrupted when adding or removing CC from the game.  The two .cache files are generated and used by the game, while cigen.package is generated and used by Bodyshop.

If that's not doing it, it's possible you've got an uncompatible hair or clothing mesh.  Or recently corrupted.  Unfortunately with meshes, there's no easy way to find the problem mesh except by trial and error.
MizbubblyNg

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 10:39:29 am »

Sorry for interfering in your post but i've got a question though.
If you remove you groups.cach file and those other cache files mentioned,won't this mess up your game even more?I mean,by deleting these,you'll delete things from your game won't they?
My cache files are full,like crazy full and i'd like some free space,as well for my game to stop crashing.
Sad
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 12:20:13 pm »

Deleting the cache does not mess up the game.  When the game starts up, if those files are not present, they will be regenerated with everything properly indexed again.  It may take longer to start the game one time while the reindexing is taking place, but that's the only "problem".  No CC is deleted at all and everything remains in your game.

On the other hand, if those files are corrupt and you don't delete them, the game and Bodyshop may not start at all (the mysterious red X, BSOD, unexplained crashes).
MizbubblyNg

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 01:30:34 pm »

I was totally confused about those files,i thought they were the same sort of files as the collection,neighborhood and such,files.
Thanks,i'll remove them and see if my game stops crashing.Better safe then sorry,right?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 02:33:54 pm »

Some people have developed a routine of deleting those files everytime before they start their game.  Around the only time I delete them is when I make some massive changes to CC (and then I forget about them when I do have a crash related to them  lol).
Cameo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 08:04:36 pm »

I had this same problem to. BV would not load at all. I reinstalled several times and moved my folders someplace safe but that wasn't it. It was those cache files these guys are talking about. Once I deleted them my game loaded. I now delete these files every time before I load the game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: