Insimenator.org
May 19, 2024, 08:18:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: downloading help!!  (Read 2037 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Devilsoul8

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2008, 08:56:08 am »

i tried to download hacks from MTS2 and every time i install it it doesn't appear i do have the q-xpress! what should i do??:sad4:

:love9:Take My Pain Away:love9:
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 09:32:18 am »

I usually download from MTS2 but don't have Q-Xpress, I just save the zip or rar file. Then I use WinZip to extract to the downloads folder (or other if appropriate). MTS2 also has a clean installer that will handle rar files you save and it will check for problems with hacks as well as install to the proper folders. I am assuming you have the "enable custom content" box checked at start-up, as well.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 12:13:08 pm »

Delphy has pulled Q-Xpress from further downloads because it is buggy.  I'd recommend stop using it and just go with WinZip, WinRar, or something similar.
Devilsoul8

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 10:28:04 am »

thnx you guys

Devilsoul8

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 03:31:12 pm »

ok i tried to download winrar and winzip and i have clean installer but i dunno how to use it it's difficult :wink:

Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 08:03:30 am »

It's not so difficult: install one of the two, either winzip or winrar (I'd recommend winrar, but after a while it will be bugging you to buy, you can still use it though). You do this with a double click on the installer (the file you downloaded). The install wizard will guide you through the installation process.

After you installed the program, the packaged files you downloaded will show the icon that is associated with winrar. To install these packaged files, just double click, a window pops open and you can drag and drop the .package files to your downloads directory (..\My Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads - it's the directory, where the neighborhoods and all the user data is located, not the installation path). If you don't have that directory yet, just create a folder called "downloads" and put your package files in there. If you plan on installing more content in the future, which is likely, because it can easily become an addiction once you see how beautifully you can enhance your game with downloads, you should sort your stuff. There are good tutorials on MTS2 how to do it. You need to have at least Nightlife to use subfolders.

The clean installer is for installing the Sims2Pack files (Sims) and for organizing your downloads folder.

If this was confusing, just ask again. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: