Insimenator.org
May 21, 2024, 02:01:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!!! Loading family freezing!  (Read 1240 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
UrbanQT

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2008, 03:57:45 pm »

Hey guys! Okay, I'm not sure if this has been posted already, sorry if it has, cuz i've been through about 10 pages and I couldn't find one specific to my problems. I've had the Sims 2 Deluxe for a good number of months now, and up untill yesterday, things were working fine. But now for some reason, everything loads and looks fine until I try to play a family. It just stays there, the hourglass keeps spinning, and the music keeps playing, but it doesn't start the game. It never has taken that long before. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and that didn't help. I've also disabled some custome content, but that didn't work either. Does anyone know what I can do?

Always dance as if no one is looking!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 08:30:35 pm »

1.  Take out (and not necessarily "delete") any recent custom content/hacks you have downloaded from your Downloads folder and check and see if the lot will load afterwards.

2.  If all else fails, before going into the lot, type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true in your cheat console (Ctrl + Shift+ C) then enter the problem lot.  If it goes as I'm thinking, an error box should pop up.  Make note of what it says, and the name and location of the error log that is "dumped" (usually ends up in your My Documents' Sims 2 Logs folder).  You can then click on any of the three options in the box to see what happens... and if "Cancel" or "Reset" fail, "Delete" will temporarily solve the problem on the lot, ridding said lot of whatever object/sim/etc. that's causing the game to go in a never-ending load session.  Wink  (BTW, if you're one who's terribly afraid of the debug code and any "horrors" that people say can happen, you can always turn it back off by changing "true" to "false".)

If you can't seem to figure out what download could be causing the problem, you can always attach your error log in your next post... someone who can read and understand them (or in my case, guess... :rofl:) will help you narrow down what could be causing the problem.  :angel:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:33:56 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

UrbanQT

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 06:01:50 pm »

Thanks a mil!!!! :-P

Always dance as if no one is looking!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: