Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 03:35:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: gimp help  (Read 1281 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
star782

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2008, 04:34:45 pm »

Ihave installed gimp and when I take a pic using printscreen it looks fine the nwhen I open gimp to get the same pic  it shows this checkedred back round and my pic looks like this

can someone plz help me
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 04:47:53 pm »

You've got four layers in that picture.  The checkered area is transparent space in that layer which I'm guessing is the background layer.  I believe transparent areas in the other layers show through so you see the background, but it's been a while since I've done any serious picture manipulation with GIMP so I could be wrong.

This probably happened by starting with the original picture, selecting an area of it to change and some how in the process deleting the rest of it.  Go back to the original picture and start over.
star782

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 05:30:23 pm »

thank you  I think your right also i think that pics saved in bmp do that also because I would just open the pic and the chackered back round would be there today i used a pic save in jpeg from my print screen and it did not do this but thank you for the help
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 06:53:11 pm »

What I suggest you do is when you PrintScreen your pictures, save them as .tiff files.  This usually prevents the layering problem you'll encounter in newer versions of GIMP.  I know Gadwin PrintScreen has a function that you can set so it automatically saves pictures in that format.  :angel:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: