Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 01:04:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost all my custom skins ad clothes  (Read 2690 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MistiMist

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2008, 11:38:22 am »

Hi all..I did a very "silly"thing..I loaded up freetime..a mistake in itself there I admit..more blankin hassles that would take awhile to rant on..took it out..my mistake was in not saving all of my previous things aka clothing/skins etcetra..well to keep it short here..well got my custom items and cheats back but still no showing up of my skins and clothes..I have repeatedly tried putting them back into the downloads folder..no skins no clothes..I have tried moving them all over the place in the sims2 area..but still no blankin luck..any info/help would be appreciated!..
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 02:10:28 pm »

Did you re-enable your custom content through the Game Options menu, exited out the game, and restart it?  Wink

MistiMist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 03:01:53 pm »

yes I did and my cheat items show up..as do my wallpapers/floor items..the only things not..groan..showing up are my skins and clothes..
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 03:07:48 pm »

Delete the groups.cache, accessories.cache, cigen.package and all the .thumbnail files in the Thumbnails folder, then try your game again.

Make sure the Downloads folder is in the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder and not in the path starting with Program Files.

Also the capital D is important in the folder name Downloads.
MistiMist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 10:33:37 am »

I know the downloads folder is in the right place and yes the d is capitalized..as is the letter L..librarian me still lol..now the odd part is this..is when I originally was trying to find put skins..for some reason they wanted it in some oddball place originally..which I cannot seem to find my notes on..hence the request for info..thank you again!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 10:40:22 am »

Try putting them in SavedSims then.  I remember a while back that was the recommended place or even only place depending on what EPs you had.
MistiMist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 08:04:22 pm »

I'll try that! thank you! otherwise lol the sims2 are going to be doing a exit plan from my computer!
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 08:50:28 am »

Dont get fooled by activating custom content. As soon as you install a new expansion, remove your downloads folder, start the game, quit and put your download folder back where it belongs. That should sort things. Of course, you have to activate custom content in the loading screen.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 08:58:44 am »

*takes notes for self* cos im upgrading my computer soon and will be installing all the sims exps and stuff packs that ive not got yet. Smiley
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 11:38:37 am »

Your life are boring arent they, if its a new computer, why ruin' it then?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 01:33:31 am »

I need to add a clarification: remove your Downloads folder BEFORE installing a new EP. Then, once you've made sure the game runs ok, put the Downloads folder back in (minus any hacks or mods), enable cc, close the game, and restart. Then, add the mods back in once you've updated them for the new EP or they have been confirmed by the creator to be compatible as is. Sometimes you might have to go into your Game Options and enable CC in there.

Installing any new EP with your Downloads folder in can cause problems.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: