Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 08:41:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have no idea what this is....  (Read 1707 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ttylo

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2008, 01:06:42 pm »

Hello:
I recently got a new computer with Windows Vista, ATI Radeon 2400 HD PRO. It plays all of my games perfectly, no lag, no framerate issues, no graphics problems, etc with all of the games I have and play....with an exception.

Sims 2 (Sims 2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Seasons, Freetime) there has been an issue that seems graphical in nature however it only seems to happen to some of the clothing items and not all of them. It also seems to effect some of the regular maxis clothing not just the downloads.

I have included a picture its not very good, I can get a better one if need be. Basically as you can see, when the clothing is equipped the skin "glitches" out and it looks like pieces of it have been cut out. I have no idea what this is or how to fix it.

It only happens to the female clothing. I have tried deleteing the clothing and the meshes and reinstalling them. That did not work. I switched default skintones, that did not work. I updated my video drivers and display items for ATI and that did not work.

It does not effect all female clothing items, only some of them. It also effects both downloads and maxis clothing items.

Please if anyone has seen this before and has any idea what might fix it, I would appreciate the help.

Thank You.

P.S. I should also mention that it does not cause any crashes, lagging, or anything of that nature its more just a visual annoyance that I can not seem to fix.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 01:10:16 pm by ttylo » Logged
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 04:42:57 pm »

This looks to me like either a missing or a bad mesh.

You could try to delete your groups.cache file to see if that will solve your problem.  It is in the Sims2 folder.

If it does not help, try removing all your cc clothes and meshes and see if things are back to normal.  If so, something in there is causing the problem and you will have to manually isolate it.
ttylo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:05:10 pm »

I tried removing the groups.cache file and that did not work. I will try removing my cc folder tomorrow...that is so not gonna be fun, its a big folder. ^_^ I will let you know what I discover from that. Thank you for your imput.
ttylo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 01:06:13 pm »

Hello:
Thank you again for your help. I removed the CC folder and the problem went away. I put the Clothing folder itself back in but nothing else and it came back. 5 hours later I decovered the 4 clothing items that where conflicting, and causing that graphical glitch. From there I put in the meshes and double checked again and it seems that those 4 clothing items where the culprits and the problem is fixed.

Thank you again for your help. I appreciate it.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 04:38:30 pm »

Happy everything is back to normal. Smiley

Glad I could help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: