Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 11:20:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with graphics  (Read 1497 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SIMone de beauvoir

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2008, 09:08:12 am »

Hello.
I have this graphic problem with my sims game, and I wonder if you could help me. It's not like I won't play it, because of it, but it can be annoying.

I'm sorry but I'm having trouble with describing the problem because I'm not a native english speaker, but... I'll try my best.

When I'm playing, when I zoom in or out, or pan or rotate the image, the game stops or freezes for less than a second, repeatedly. I think that is called flickering but I'm not sure.

Other than that the graphics are just perfect, since my computer has everything you need to run the game at its best, because I have a great computer with a great graphics card, because I am a designer and I use the computer for work.

I immagine it has to be a configuration problem, but I haven't been able to solve it. Please help.

Thanks.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 09:16:08 am »

Hey^^
Have you got the most recent graphics card driver for your card?
SIMone de beauvoir

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:23:58 am »

Yes, I do. Plus, as I was just saying... everything else in the game looks and works just fine, except for that.

It can't be a hardware problem of any kind, that I'm sure about.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:32:27 am »

It may be related to the video memory.  As you zoom and pan your camera, the game has to recalculate all the images on the screen.  IIRC, this is done in the video memory.  

I don't even know what the offical recommended memory size is, but I wouldn't consider playing with less than 256kb video ram.  I've got 512kb and still have some pauses when I pan.  

Your problem with custom pets may be related to this also.  Check your display settings to see if they are set at high.  If not, make them high, then check out your pets again.  Since the game sets these based on your graphics card, if you've got a low amount of video memory, these are usually set to the lowest setting possible.
SIMone de beauvoir

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 09:44:16 am »

Thanks, but again: I've got a 512 MB Nvidia 8500GT Super Video Card. And the game display settings are set at the highest, and the game set them for me, since as you just said, it recognised my video card.

I don't know what it is, and I don't know if I should pay attention to this problem or not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: