Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 05:06:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding Meshes for Blue Flashy Things?  (Read 1903 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« on: August 13, 2008, 10:18:42 am »

I have a fairly simple question.

If I download a house/lot and then go into it in game to find "blue flashy things" this means I have the object but not the mesh. (right?)

So my question is...

What's the best way to go about finding the right mesh for the flashing object?

For example, one house has some decorative rocks in the yard- they are flashing- but I can tell by the picture where I downloaded it that there are supposed to be rocks there.

A search for "rocks" turns up hundreds of objects. Sad  

How do I know which is the right place/site to get the right mesh for these particular rocks if the creator of the downloaded house/lot didn't post any specific links???

I'm sure there is a simple enough explanation that I am just now aware of. Wink

Thanks. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 10:29:11 am by danceswithwands » Logged

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:35:21 am »

If the person who created the house was kind, they would have included the site they got the rocksw from (they should, to give proper credit). Of course, another alternative is the get in touch with the creator of the house and ask where they're from.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 02:51:35 pm »

Thanks Joy! Smiley

They did include a lot of links it just doesn't say what items came from which credited links... and I'm thinking English might not be the creators native language... so you know how that can go. Wink

I will try to send a pm and find out about those pesky rocks though.

Thanks for the suggestion... I know you must be really busy... so I appreciate your response. Smiley

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 10:22:53 am »

Also, trees especially recolors of Maxis ones can go flashy if the recolor isn't compatible with Seasons and the season is fall or winter.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 01:35:31 pm »

Thanks DarkaAmaranth...

I have  all the EP's and SP's except the Ikea one. Wink

I am thinking I might just have to go to all the linked sites and try to search- I just wish they were all in English. :lol:

~*~ Donna ~*~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: