Insimenator.org
May 13, 2024, 01:14:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my game crashes always....  (Read 1812 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
margz

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2008, 09:25:12 am »

:sad4: hi i been playing sims a long time, i have the original game, university, nightlife,open for business and family fun stuff installed, recently i downloaded some houses, sims and objects in my game. i start playing it by creating a new family and moving them in into one of my downloaded house..then thats the time it started to crashed. i tried playing a maxis family Broke family then it works fine, but when i tried to move the maxis sim into my downloaded house the game crashes again..i tried moving my download folder,savedsim,deleted my new neighborhood,moved out the lotcatalog into my desktop and play again still it crashes. i unable my hacks too. by the way i have clean installer installed. i am so so so dis heartened becoz i cannot re install my games anymore my CD was gone:sad4: please help on what to do..
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 09:28:37 am »

Try deleting your gropus.cache file inside your Sims 2 folder.

And, maybe, all the files inside your Thumbnails folder.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 08:40:40 pm »

Where did you download the lot from exactly?  It's a possibility it may need an EP/SP that you don't have, either because it was built with Build mode tools only available in another EP, or the lot contained objects that need a certain EP/SP.  (... and depending on where you downloaded the lot from, some creators forget to inform the right requirements for the lots they make, so it's a possibility with the one you have.)

You'll probably have to end up bulldozing that lot because of all of that.  :?

margz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 08:13:55 am »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1347205
Where did you download the lot from exactly?  It's a possibility it may need an EP/SP that you don't have, either because it was built with Build mode tools only available in another EP, or the lot contained objects that need a certain EP/SP.  (... and depending on where you downloaded the lot from, some creators forget to inform the right requirements for the lots they make, so it's a possibility with the one you have.)

You'll probably have to end up bulldozing that lot because of all of that.  :?

thanks but i did buldoze the house but still the game crashes.. i forgot where i downloaded the house either... is there anyway that i can delete all the downloaded houses? even the registry of it and where or on what folder should i do that? also my downloaded skins. :angel:
margz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 08:16:45 am »

Quote from: EKozski;1346343
Try deleting your gropus.cache file inside your Sims 2 folder.

And, maybe, all the files inside your Thumbnails folder.

hi...if i will delete my thumbnail folders do you think it will not affect my game? whats inside of it? i already deleted the group.cache but still it crashes..i will try the thumbnailfolder. thank you..::smilieiforgetwhi::
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 09:10:03 am »

Quote from: margz
... is there anyway that i can delete all the downloaded houses? even the registry of it and where or on what folder should i do that? also my downloaded skins.

That would be in your LotCatalog folder.  The skins, however, will be found in your Downloads folder, along with the rest of your custom content.  It's going to be tough if you don't know the exact file names of them, so you might want to either download Sims2Pack Clean Installer or Delphy's Download Organizer for the sake of seeing what's what in that folder.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: