Insimenator.org
May 15, 2024, 05:19:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Would I Populate A Custom Neighborhood?  (Read 6923 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2009, 02:36:06 am »

Hey Guys,

I decided to download plasticbox's elsewhere hood over at MTS2, and I was wondering if there was a way that I can populate the hood with random sims, I know that you can type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true then click on the mailbox and generate townies but I was wondering where those townies go? huh I mean would I have to make a bunch of random sims to move into the houses or could I generate townies and have them show up in the family bin to move into this otherwise empty town?  I also understand that the game will automatically generate townies whenever you make a new buisness or community lot that needs NPC 'employees' but I am just kind of stumped on how to make townies and down-townies for custom hoods, any kind of help would be great thanks for reading and sorry if I sound like a n00b...
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 05:34:42 am »

One way to make townies or downtownies is to create some sims in the CAS, import them into the game; then if you assign them to a house, you can use Inge's teleporter shrub to make them downtownies or townies. You can also import townies or downtownies into your hood once you get a neighborhood started with this teleporter.
But you do have to have at least one functioning family to start with, anyway. The game automatically creates townies and downtownies for each hood or subhood.

The teleporter shrub is here:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Teleporters.htm

It is a useful mod for any game.

Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 08:15:53 am »

This might work for you, its called Townie and NPC maker it generates them for you!
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=76225
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 08:55:24 am »

she wants random families to move into the houses;  if she just generates random townies & NPCs, they don't move into the Simbin or into the houses. How can she randomly fill her houses?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:13:56 am »

Two ways to do this:

1. Create families in CAS and put them into their own homes
2. Summon random townies and then move them out to the Sim bin to be placed into their own homes

** Use Inge's teleport shrub or cat from Simlogical for #2 **

The townies generated by the NPC & Townie maker are put into the townie pool, and they will show up as walk bys or as patrons on community lots.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 07:03:03 pm »

Chaavik, don't you need to move the townie into the household in order to make them moveable into the sim bin?

Once you move one into the house, you can use a hack that moves them out and into the sim bin.
I found that there's a newspaper hack you can use to do this with. Can't think for the life of me where I got it from. You can also use the computer as well.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 08:06:54 pm »

You only need to make a townie selectable to have them find their own place.  If the purpose is to get more populated houses, why not just create the family in CAS and move them into a house?  After all, once you do that then you will put them in pretty clothes, makeup, and hair anyway. 
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 10:05:08 pm »

I have Inges cat I use it to teleport random sims to use as roommates in AL but what your all saying is my best bet is to just create random families and move them into random houses in the hood because I think the townie maker would only create walk-bys and downtownies for the community lots like Chaavik stated earlier but maybe I could just use that cat to summon random sims and move them in my playable sims household and then back out so they pop up in the sim bin? ugh this is going to be more trouble then its worth Undecided thanks for everyones help I had a general idea what everyone was going to say but I didn't think it was going to this tedious
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 12:11:20 pm »

There is also one other way to do this:
ChristianLov has a mod that duplicates any sim you want in the game. NPCS, Townies or downtownies, along with the playables. It is only the physical duplicate, and you have the option of naming it after your sim that you want to clone, or not.
If you're interested, his mod is at MTS2. I've just used it to duplicate the starter families of Pleasantview for a medieval style hood. The clones are only physically alike their masters, their personalities are far different and they have different wants, astrological signs and turn ons than the originals.
Plus sometimes they're better looking!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: