Insimenator.org
May 16, 2024, 12:11:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim Skin help..please  (Read 2520 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
KeriHegi
« on: August 21, 2008, 12:37:32 pm »

I need some help.I dawnloaded a pixie skin called Pixie Demonic...Will the isu is that it dosent showe up on the game...Its a wered fill called .rar.do you now were it needs to go? if so please help me.:smt120
~Amaryne~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 01:06:57 pm »

if it's a RAR file you need to extract it so it's becomes a package file before placing it in the  My documents/EA Games/Downloads if you don't have anything to extract the files with this will help:

http://www.zipeg.com/

Hope this is what you need! Good luck! Ps if you don't have a downloads folder just create a new folder called downloads and place the files there and this should work fine.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:08:58 pm by ~Amaryne~ » Logged

comettra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 02:35:49 am »

Hi,
I was just reading and wondered if I had the same problem... my downloads (hair and clothers and makeup) do not show up in my game.  The furniture and cars do.  I wonder if it's because of Freetime?  This just happend after installing IKEA, any suggestions?
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 07:38:06 am »

Remember that you need to open the .RAR file. Make sure you download it into another folder or on your desktop. Once it's done downloading double click on it to open the .RAR. Now select the .package file(s) you want and choose to extract. Extract those into your Downloads folder. NOW you should be able to view the custom content. Let me know if you are still having issues.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 07:57:48 am »

Quote from: comettra;1352557
Hi,
I was just reading and wondered if I had the same problem... my downloads (hair and clothers and makeup) do not show up in my game.  The furniture and cars do.  I wonder if it's because of Freetime?  This just happend after installing IKEA, any suggestions?

Don't forget every time you add a new expansion you have to re-enable custom content as well as update your copy of CEP.
Nymphy
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 09:16:16 am »

RAR and ZIP are kinda like folders, in that they contain files. You need to extract the files from inside these by using a program called WinRAR, or the one Amaryne linked to Smiley I believe theres a sticky about this actually

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 10:11:32 am »

There is. It's here. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Nymphy
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 06:18:39 am »

Yes thats the one, thanks Joy! Smiley

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 08:28:43 am »

yvw hon Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
comettra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 11:36:56 am »

THanks JOOwish.  I ended up taking FT out and it works better.  Hate seeing the FT stuff go, but hey it's better than not playing right?
I had refreshed everything, but something is up with the FT at least on my comp.  MB I will try again in a few years...LOL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: