Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 06:32:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick of re installing this damn game help?  (Read 2343 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
firerayne

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2008, 06:51:44 am »

So since I got apartment life my game wont work it crashes at random oints for no reason grrr I've taken out all custom content and reinstalled it all but still it crashed so I figured it must be my lot files so I uninstalled just apartment life to re create things etc but when I try to reinstall it just says that my game isn't installed properly forcing me again to reinstall 8 expansions andeight stuff packs i'm about ready to delete the sims for good can anyone please shed some light as i'm wasiting pointless hours trying to fix it with no game time :smt120
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:43:42 am »

Have you updated your graphics card driver? And the patches for the games up to and including Apartment Life?
firerayne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 01:58:23 pm »

yep done it all
Jolly-Swagman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 03:25:35 pm »

fireaye,, Re the Reinstall

When you have uninstalled all your game files you will have to check and make sure that there are NO stray folders and tsdat, tsbin files left behind as sometimes there is and when you reinstall it will be all a waste because the ones left behind will corrupt the New ones.
If you find any Delete them,
Run Registry Mechanic or similar too, to clean up old Registry entries before New install
My partner just went through all this with problems with Apartment Life,  also dont use AL Patch as it is still to Buggy, and doesn't fix half of the problems that are in AL, as with patch installed it freezes some lots when loading them.

good luck
firerayne

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 03:10:46 pm »

thanks for the heads up guys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: