Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 07:36:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: something for better grahpics  (Read 1607 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
psims2rocks2

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2008, 03:15:26 pm »

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this so please forgive me if it is not, but I was just wondering If anyone know a way that I can fix the grahpic details in my game. One minute it's perfect and I can see everything good then every thing becomes a bur and I can't see the details in their eyes, hair, and clothes:sad4: theres also this thing called a grahpic card can somebody tell me what that is. Again please forgive me if this is no in the right thread, I don't post much this is just my third time.

Thank you for whatever help I might get!:happy8:
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 04:28:28 pm »

A graphics card is something inside your computer - if  you're having graphics issues you may need to update your graphics card drivers. To find out what graphics card you have do Start > Run > and type 'dxdiag' in the box [without inverted commas].
Click the second tab at the top and then look for device name or something similar - common graphics card makes are nvidia, ATI and Intel.
Once you've found what card you have go to the makers website [nvidia / ATI / etc] and download the one they suggest for your card.

The detail sims and in-game things are displayed with will be in the in-game options. Press F5 while on a lot or in the neighbourhood and then click the icon that looks like a monitor/screen - this is your display options and you can adjust the sliders to improve graphics or to make them worse to improve performance. You'll want everything set to high and edges smoothed if you want the best graphics but it depends what your card can handle.

Hope this helps
psims2rocks2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 08:14:03 am »

Thank you so very much for your help, I will try it.:happy8:
psims2rocks2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 11:29:22 am »

On my game the smooth edges won't show, its grey and I can't put it to less or more, how do I make it show blue?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 12:00:43 pm »

I'm going to move this to the Help section so you can get more people able to help you to look at this. If the smooth edges option is greyed out, then that mean your graphics card doesn't support that option. What are your computer specs? That's always the best information to give when you're looking for help.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: