Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 05:35:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can't uninstall bon voyage  (Read 1858 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hyleath5560

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2008, 10:31:14 pm »

My labtop has been working so slow. I decided to get rid parts of the games I do not use.  There was no uninstall function on my bon voyage package so I just deleted it. Now using seasons it keeps telling me I need the bon voyage cd. Please help I want to play the sims and I have no idea what to do.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 10:58:44 pm »

What exactly did you delete?

If you use Add/Remove Programs through the Control Panel, each game is listed seperatly.

It is in mine.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:06:54 pm by EKozski » Logged

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 01:00:48 am »

Try reinstalling BV.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 06:20:06 am »

uninstall/deleting EP's is risky business, I'm afraid. You should always have a backup of old games, or you can get serious problems with games not wanting to work/messing everything up and so on.

if re-installing BV don't work, the only thing that does work, is to uninstall all games, and install them all over again.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
hyleath5560

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 06:45:55 am »

yes that is exactly my problem I just deleted the file off my hard drive.  It didnt show up in add and remove.  I hope I can play again.  It won't even start is there anyway I can override looking for the BV cd
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 08:41:57 am »

From the Start button, select Run and enter regedit.
Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/EA Games and delete the entry for Bon Voyage.
Look under Electronics Arts in that same section and delete any entry for Bon Voyage also.

Then browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/EA GAMES and delete the Bon Voyage entry here.
Then under Electronic Arts in that same section, before deleting the Bon Voyage entry, you may want to save the ergc entry someplace.  That's the code you need to install BV, so if you lose the manual, you'll still have it.  I used a Sharpie and put the code on the first disk for each EP/SP.

After deleting BV from those four areas of the registry, you should be able to run off the Seasons CD.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: