Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 01:37:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem on Pets  (Read 3629 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Trepie22

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2008, 08:10:02 am »

Hey^^

I have a problem with pets. I have some model pose objects and the insimenator and the Look At Me hacks, but the problems didn't start until awhile after I put these in. I have the expansion packs up to FreeTime [not including Kitchen and Bath stuff].

Here are the problems:
-The strays in the neighbourhood get stuck and if 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' is on then the error message with reset delete etc keeps coming up.

-Also when I try to phone the pet adoption service the game crashes with the 'Application has encountered a problem. The application will now terminate.' style message.

The problems seem to be on all the pets in the game and the adoption service but not with pets objects.

I hope someone has an idea of how to fix this^^ Any help appreciated.

Edit: If I use the summoner to summon a stray to the lot they leave immediately unless made selectable, but when made selectable they seem to work with no problems.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 08:28:04 am by Trepie22 » Logged
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 09:45:30 am »

My guess is it's because of the booprop testingcheatsenabled true. FT seems to have issues when you leave it on. I get tons of those pop up errors with it on if it's on for very long so; turn it on, do what you need to do and turn it off. Use Insim and other hack/cheat objects if you need them. I only use boolprop if there isn't a good alternative to acomplish the same thing in the time frame I want it to happen in.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:53:19 am »

I've played with testing cheats enabled all the time for years.  I've seen no increase in errors in FT just because it's on.  If you are getting errors, it's because you've got outdated or conflicting mods in your game.  Fix those problems and the game, with testing cheats enabled, plays nicely.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:58:09 am »

Hey^^ Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm sure it's not boolprop - as ancienthighway said, I've always used it, and it's not on when I call the adoption service. I also haven't seen an increase in problems when using it.
I think it probably is a mod, but having not added one very recently I'm a bit unsure of which one, do problems caused by mods usually start straight away? or is there a delay on it?
I'm about to start clearing them out now.

Thanks for the help^^ just one more question:
Do you have to disable hacks or mods before you remove them from game? I don't have any in my lots before I delete them, I'm just not sure if deleting without disabling will cause any problems?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 01:17:13 pm »

No need to disable them.  You can confirm there's a mod issue by pulling all the mods/hacks out of the game and see if the problems go away.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 01:19:31 pm »

Ok^^ thanks, I've pulled out all mods/hacks but the Sims content manager thing thinks that half the recolours I have are hacks.
Pulling out the ones that were obviously hacks hasn't improved the situation. =S

Also I checked the Logs, and it says ACCESS VIOLATION error on SimsEp7. I tried making it an exception with DEP but it didn't change anything.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:25:44 pm by Trepie22 » Logged
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 04:38:30 pm »

Hi again, I deleted anything the sims content manager thought was dodgy, but it still crashes when I phone the pet adoption service - this is on any lot on any neighbourhood.

Any ideas? Thanks for all your help =)
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 05:41:13 pm »

Use Pescado's Lot Debugger and see if there's any fixes available.  Look under nuke also to see if there's anything listed there that may effect phones and pets.

Use Clean Installer to scan the Downloads folder, sort by Type, and delete any 32 character hexadecimal files.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 02:39:44 pm »

Thanks ancienthighway for all your help ! I'll try that now^^
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 06:42:31 pm »

Hey, I tried what you suggested and still no luck :/
I removed all CC and even all user files, it still does the Access Violation thing and terminates.

Thanks for all your help^^ I hope there's some other potential solutions before I'll have to reinstall :S
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 07:27:26 pm »

Bummer.  I used to have Pests right after it came out and I was doing some beta tests, but as soon as the betas were done, Pests came off the computer.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 05:13:45 am »

Don't be sorry! Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll reinstall when I'm done with the contest I'm doing at the moment. =S Only a few days left and hopefully a reinstall will fix it!

Thanks again =)
tomatianity

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 08:42:32 pm »

I get the "Application has encountered a problem. The application will now terminate." message kind of often. It happens randomly though, no one thing causes it.

\\This is MY signature NOT yours!//I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.\\
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 10:23:49 pm »

Trepie: Divide and conquer.

Go to My Documents/EA Games/ and rename your The Sims 2 folder.  Run the game.  

1) If it dies, you need to reinstall.  However, all your 'hoods and Downloads and everything else are safe, because we renamed the folder first.

2) If it runs fine, open up both The Sims 2 and your renamed folder.  One at a time, delete the folders out of The Sims 2 and drag the corresponding folder from your renamed folder.  Use the right mouse button so you can copy, not move the folders.  I don't mean just Downloads and Neighborhoods... everything, one folder at a time!

Tomatianity:
Find your error logs and post them here.  Someone might be able to figure out what's happening.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:27:15 pm by miros1 » Logged

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 02:11:19 pm »

miros1, I reinstalled a few days after I posted this thread, and it fixed it. It was awhile ago now - I'd forgotten about this thread.

The downloads and neighbour removable didn't effect it - and when I reinstalled they didn't corrupt my game, I don't know why reinstalling fixed it but it did.

But thank you anyway. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: