Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 10:37:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Top of Baby Girls heads disappear - How do I fix it?  (Read 1999 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Leslie07

Simming Since 2002

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2009, 09:06:52 pm »

Whenever a baby girl is born in-game, the back and top of her head is gone, almost like she's born with hair that doesn't have a mesh. But boys born in-game don't have this problem. They're fine. How do I fix it? I've deleted and re-applied the default skins that I use. I had this happen once before and fixed it, but I don't remember what I did...can someone help?

Thanks in advance!

-Leslie
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 09:22:20 pm »

One way would be to use SimPE to scan for orphans (items for which the mesh is missing) and either delete those items or track down the missing mesh and install it.

Note that SimPE can be capable of also presenting false positives in its listings, so double-check any items before you decide to delete them.
Leslie07

Simming Since 2002

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 10:41:58 pm »

Okay...thanks for the suggestion, but how do you scan for orphans? I've scanned through SimPE, but alas, nothing. Is 'Orphans' supposed to be on the scan check list? Because if it is, I didn't see it.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 10:59:57 pm »

My bad, and my apologies (it's been a lo-o-ong week).

Typed SimPE in my response, but was actually thinking of Delphy's Downloads Organizer to scan for orphans:

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=227925

Same caveats as mentioned above apply. Again, sorry about having a senior moment above.

That said, though, there IS an orphan scanner plug-in for SImPE:

http://theos.chewbakkas.net/tools/meshscanner.html

Though I think it may by now be included with newer SimPE versions (regardless, it is disabled by default and must be enabled to do such a scan). Check in the Scanner listings of your SImPE and activate the one called Orphan Mesh Scanner. To get there, use Tools--Scan Folders and see is the Orphan scanner is listed.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:13:02 pm by rwills » Logged
Leslie07

Simming Since 2002

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 11:35:20 pm »

Aw, it's okay. Thanks for posting the link. I think it worked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: