Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 11:19:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jump Bug fix?  (Read 1955 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PorcelainWings

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2008, 12:29:02 pm »

I was playing my game and I came across a particularly nasty jump bug, I was wondering if anybody knew how to fix it without deleting the sim.  I used boolProp testingcheatsenabled true to capture the bug in the picture attatched.  

The bug occurs every time my college sim, Rex, tries to use the toilet or interact with another sim.  (Objects such as chairs, tables, refrigerators, etc. were not affected, just for your information).  
Anyone have a suggestion?

Also...I've been trying to figure out a way to separate my playable sims from the NPCs/townies/downtownies/dormies etc. in order to delete them and help my game run faster.  If anyone has tips on that, too, it would be appreciated.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:34:53 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 01:01:18 pm »

If you have Monique's Computer, delete the file MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller.package. It will cause this somewhat obscure error under certain conditions, but with the Sims2 dynasty winding down, it probably won't be fixed. Monique, Chaavik and I have all tried to find a fix for it unsuccessfully.
                                                                            __________________
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 06:06:33 pm »

Be very, very careful when deleting Sims forever. There will be memory stubs and assorted other baggage relating to them still in the game, even after they are gone -- and those leftovers can initiate problems which will totally break your neighborhood.

Although the linked just below post is written in their usually snarky manner, check this one at MATY about how to use SimPE to safely delete Sims and all the associated traces which remain if only the character is deleted:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6205.0.html
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 06:58:50 pm »

Deleting the "offending" object or sim off of that error message does not delete anything permanently.  The sim will be deleted, but exiting and reentering the lot brings the sim back.  As it would for any other object that may have caused the error.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 07:25:29 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1449137
Deleting the "offending" object or sim off of that error message does not delete anything permanently.  The sim will be deleted, but exiting and reentering the lot brings the sim back.  As it would for any other object that may have caused the error.

Absolutely true, which is why it was specified "deleting Sims forever" in response to this in the original query:

"Also...I've been trying to figure out a way to separate my playable sims from the NPCs/townies/downtownies/dormies etc. in order to delete them and help my game run faster."
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 08:21:15 pm »

Ah, another line I absent mindedly ignored.  lol
PorcelainWings

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 02:26:09 pm »

I checked and I don't have Monique's computer in my game.  The problem most likely comes from the fact that my computer has a very low graphics card and is practically obsolete in the technology world.  I might just need to get rid of half of my custom content. *Sigh* oh well.

The question still remains...What do I do about Rex?  Should I kill him off,  attempt to play him through the end of his life but use the insimenator to satisfy certain needs, or never play the household again?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: