Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 01:11:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with neighborhood  (Read 1131 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mrnapolean1
« on: November 11, 2008, 11:54:18 pm »

ok here it goes:
i wanted to load and play on my other pleasantview neighborhood, so instead of having to switch back and forth between both N001s, i took my old one and used a rename program and i told it to rename everything that had N001 to N005. now when i load it i have two pleasantviews, so i go into the second one (the one i renamed) everything loads exepct my houses. there is not a house or lot to be found.

can someone help me?:smt120
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 02:21:09 am »

First, are all the N005 files inside their own folder - named N005 - which itself is inside your My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2--Neighborhoods folder?

If not, that is the only place they belong (presuming you already have an N004 neighborhood and do not already have a N005 neighborhood). They especially do not belong inside any folder named N001.

Second, go into that N005 folder and make sure all the files in it, plus all the files in any sub-folders in it, begin with the name N005. For example:

N005_Neighborhood.package
N005_Neighborhood.png

and so on

Don't quite grok what you mean by having two neighborhoods named N001. That, alone, sounds like something which can potentially corrupt both 'hoods.

EDIT: One ohjer thing occurs to me. It is dependent on what you told the global replace to do. Just to be on the safe side, go to:

My Computer--Drive C--EA Games--The Sims 2--TSData--Res--UserData--Neighborhoods

and make sure there is nothing there named N005. If the global replace did change those N001 files, you'll have to change them all back.

Also check all the files inside:

My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2--Neighborhoods--N001

and make sure those files weren't renamed to N005.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:18:56 am by rwills » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: