Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 12:37:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uploading...  (Read 2262 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:30:43 am »

Hello, fellow Simmers. I have a few questions about uploading.

I have a few requests I'm working on. No prob. The one problem I have... uploading.

I found Marvine's tutorial on uploading, however, I didn't see anything that could answer my questions below. This is my first time uploading and I really don't want to get into trouble with anyone or get banned from the site!

First of all, which packaging should uploaded files be formatted in (ex: WinRAR - because I have all my files in SimPE format right now) and how do I transfer them from one format to the next if I need to (from SimPE to WinRAR)? I think this was posted not too long ago but I can't find the post.

Also, do the people downloading my lots need to have all the EP's I have if I only use things from specific EP's THEY are using (I have OFB, but I only use items from base & Uni if they want a dorm)?

Moreover, I am about to go into my game right now and need to disable any hacks / mods... right? Do I need to disable my major hacks / mods like Inteen and Insiminator, also? I'm using my Clean Installer to help me out with those.

Finally, if I add any CC (with credit, of course), but it's from a house I downloaded, do I credit the creator & site I found it anyway? Or, do I just not bother to add it (example: adding a table I got from a house I downloaded from Pimp My Sims)?

I would really appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:22:24 pm by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 05:19:14 pm »

How to upload something onto InSIMenator.net, stickied in the Community Downloads' forum view.  :angel:

Also, if you haven't already, make sure you read through the uploading guidelines carefully on what's required.  We've had a couple of instances where content that isn't "share-friendly" has been uploaded, and we're still asking that people please respect the wishes of creators concerning their content when uploading here to the site.  Wink

And concerning lots, you have to clean them with Clean Installer.  Disabling hacks won't prevent them from being carried over, and it's important that you clean your sims2pack file to get rid of any unintended "passengers" that insist on tagging along for the ride.  :lol:  

Also, concerning the lot EPs, it's best if you do make sure you list your EPs, as some people may or may not be able to download a lot if you've used any building tools or objects that require a specific EP to work.  That, and it prevents people from downloading the lot only to find it crashes their game due to the fact they're missing a required EP.  Of course, you can always test it out and see if the lot will work with Numenor's Base Game Starter.  :toothy5:

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 05:24:27 pm »

Hey, thanks, Tenshii, for responding. I actually just edited the post above you and added another question, lol. Sorry.

That Base Game Starter should save a lot of time and aggravation. Thanks for the tip.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:35:02 pm by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 08:45:56 pm »

You're welcome.  :angel:

Quote from: kinnika
Finally, if I add any CC (with credit, of course), but it's from a house I downloaded, do I credit the creator & site I found it anyway? Or, do I just not bother to add it (example: adding a table I got from a house I downloaded from Pimp My Sims)?

The thing is with that, you have to be sure to check those creator's policies just in case.  It may give you the run-around, but if you're not sure about certain content and what its creator would like for people to do concerning it or have asked them directly with no response, you may want to exclude it just in case, then link to the site it came from.  Wink

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 09:20:16 am »

Hey, thanks. You have been a great help to me.

I still need to know how to transfer my files to files I can upload. Because I can't upload them when they're in SimPE format, right?

In fact, I'm still unsure of how they got that way to begin with, lol.

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 09:31:55 am »

No you can't. You can learn how to .zip files here. If you already know how to .zip/.rar then just .zip/.rar the files.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 11:15:28 am »

Another easy way to zip/rar a file is to right click on the file or files you want and select "Add to archive".

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 07:20:57 pm »

Hey, thanks, guys. I'll try that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: