Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 10:47:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Height Change  (Read 3770 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
spyda

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2009, 07:44:55 am »

Hey All!

Firsty, Im hoping this is the right forum to post this.

Ive just gotten back into playing sims alot, having moved house and lost alot of my downloads, ive spent a long time andhours of searching to get ... well about 10% of the things i once had actually back into the game. The question is about SimPE.

I use to use it alot to adjust the heights of my sims, so i wouldnt have to keep using the Ctrl+Shift+Alt option ingame, so i downloaded the new version of SimPE, and i have to admit, im at a loss. I did manage to get up the characters basic traits, like jobs, friends, skill points etc, but no where can i find the height or how to adjust it. If anyone knows how to use this new version, could they please reply back and let me know, I have looked on their site forums but most of their messages are dating back to 06, i cant find any new documentation on the new one.

I did include a lil pic of my favorite sim "She Must be 5'4"  Grin

Thanks in advance!

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:31:50 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 10:15:45 am »

I'm sure there are a lot of people who can help you here, but SimPE has it's own forum for program support, and they're pretty much guaranteed to know how to use this program...since it is theirs Wink My suggestion would be to ask for help their. You'll get a quicker (and more knowledgeable response). Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 01:13:17 pm »

Here's some links that I use for changing the height in SimPE, 'cause I'm terrible at remembering how to do stuff. Wink

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7548

http://nene.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p&p=1704592

Ah, memories. This was like the second question I ever asked here ... that was a while ago. LOL.

My other ride is a chocobo.
spyda

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:09:59 pm »

Thanks for the links, i was in the process of trying it out, then something crashed on simpe, and ive not been able to boot up sims since, uninstalled, reinstalled, just goes to the flash screen then cuts out. Going to just do a full reinstall on the pc tomorrow and hope that fixes whatever i busted! lol ... but yes, thank you again at least i have the links now to try it again.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 10:35:44 pm »

I've always wondered about changing heights of the sims, but I won't be doing this though through SimPE but rather using the stretch skeleton cheat but I was wondering was if you changed there height would this interfere with interactions between other sims, I mean if you would have your shorter sim kiss another sim would the interactions be the same or would they look funny? I've always wanted to change heights but I was afraid I would bork the game so never messed with it, but what would you set the stretch skeleton to? I'm confused about messing my sims up and if the sims would still act the same so does anyone know for sure what will happen and how to do it with boolprop? thanks for the help Grin
spyda

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 04:47:12 am »

I cant really say ive noticed, if it interferes with actions, I know that if you make say, One sim 5'0" and another 6'0" or taller then it can look a little odd when they interact with each other for like you say kissing, but as far as i remember that was ass. I'm guess that the easiest way is to use the manual cheat, and try out some actions, but im FAR too lazy to do that  tongue And then if you dont like the heights at least it'll all reset itself next time you load in, or reset height it to 1.0 Im not technically minded enough to answer anything else sorry  Cry,

As for changing the heights with SimPE, I downloaded an older version, strange as it seems, even though i was confused with the new one, the old one looks about the same, but i seem to know what im doing on the old one .. odd .. But thank you again for the links and help!
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 04:09:49 pm »

I've always wondered about changing heights of the sims, but I won't be doing this though through SimPE but rather using the stretch skeleton cheat but I was wondering was if you changed there height would this interfere with interactions between other sims, I mean if you would have your shorter sim kiss another sim would the interactions be the same or would they look funny? I've always wanted to change heights but I was afraid I would bork the game so never messed with it, but what would you set the stretch skeleton to? I'm confused about messing my sims up and if the sims would still act the same so does anyone know for sure what will happen and how to do it with boolprop? thanks for the help Grin

If you haven't seen Wolfgeek's handy chart for setting heights within a realistic range, you might want to print out a copy for ready reference:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?s=63955211d639a85bee303dbf03764481&p=1071936#post1071936

The greater the difference in height between any two Sims, the more likely that some interactions will look odd (but only the look will be odd; the interactions themselves will play out as per normal).

Changing heights in-game (using realistic heights) won't bork your game. Using very, very extreme short or tall numbers (numbers well beyond what is shown on Wolfgeek's chart) can bork the game.

Easy to do in the cheat box (no boolprop required). Select the Sim whose height you want to alter, open the cheat box, type in:

stretchSkeleton
then a space
then the number
and press Enter

So, to make a Sim 6-foot-six:

stretchSkeleton 1.0833

Don't forget that all important decimal point!

The same Sim's height can be altered multiple times during gameplay (so if a height you've chosen isn't working out for your needs, just change that Sim's height again). After exiting, the next time you enter that lot, all Sims will be back to default height.

If you want a permanent height change, that can be done using SimPE.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 10:48:37 pm »

Thank you so much for that information rwills Grin I will check out Wolfgeek's chart see what I can do, because I hate every sim to be the same height, its just not realistic in my opinion but I don't see why the game won't save the height change, but do you think you can send me a tutorial on changing the height through SimPE in this thread if I decide I like the height change? Cheesy well let me go see that chart and save all this info in my notepad because my printer is out of ink tongue
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 11:08:08 pm »

SimGirl20, the two links I provided to the original thread starter are a tutorial on how to change the height in SimPE, and a list of heights and their Sim equivalent to change it to. It's a good tutorial and was fairly easy to follow, even without knowledge of SimPE.

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 12:08:38 am »

Oh I'm sorry Naria I didn't even see those links *face palm* thanks very much Grin
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 01:00:49 pm »

Haha, that's all right. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: