Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:53:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Placing doors on diagonal walls?  (Read 2230 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
anisebank

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2008, 05:53:42 pm »

Hello, I need someone to help me learn how to place doors on diagonal walls because I can't seem to figure it out and also how to place diagonal floor tiles ? Any help would be much apprecited.

-Thanks Anisebank
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:52:56 pm »

For diagonal placement of objects which can be placed on a diagonal (some objects just simply cannot), here is the cheat code:

boolprop allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true

Use Control-Shift-c to open the cheat box, type that code in and hit Enter, then rotate a selected object using the comma or period keys of your keyboard.

On some newer computer, you may find that Control-Shift-c doesn't work. In that case only, use Control-Shift-Windows Key-c to open the cheat box.
April

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 01:11:50 am »

Just hover the door on a diagonal wall and it should automatically stick there. As for floor tiles, you mean inside or outside? If outside, then build a diamond shape using a fence and fill it with floor tiles after that. I'm pretty sure you know how to put diagonal floor tiles inside a house Wink

+| Flickr | SimPage |+
Life is better when it's upside-down.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 08:15:18 am »

Doors should automatically place on diagonal walls, at least with EAxis doors. Some custom doors do not include a diagonal model, and cannot be placed on diagonal walls. That's what you get for using CC made by people who suck.
BlueSoup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 10:04:55 am »

Make sure you do not have moveobjects on, because that will interfere with the automatic door placement feature.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: