Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:52:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Object Crashing My Game  (Read 1640 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hige

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2009, 11:40:54 pm »

Hi there,

I was hoping you can help me.  I currently have over 5000 files in my downloads folder (I have more ofcourse but I am just going through a batch at a time trying to delete whatever I don't want).  Something Keeps crashing my game.  I know it is a wall lamp.  I just need a simple way to find out which one is causing the crash.  Please help!
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 01:24:25 am »

Depending on how (and if) you have organized your custom content -- by date installed, by creator, by function or in some other manner, there may be less time consuming methods to guesstimate and hone in on problem files but there is, plainly speaking, no 'easy way.'

See here:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

The tried and true, but time consuming, 50% method as outlined there will be of the most help in ferreting out any culprit files.

Almost anyone with any amount of custom content has encountered such problem content and had to laboriously find and remove the problem file or files.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: