Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 02:59:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another problem  (Read 1497 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mynxtres

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2008, 09:27:31 pm »

Ok. I just downloaded a new home from TSR and it's a beautiful home, but when I place a family in the home they don't show. :angryfir:It stays in the buy/build mode. I'll leave the lot and the plumb bob is there and it shows that the family is there but when I enter the lot...nothin' but furniture and walls.:sad4: Does anyone know if that can be fixed or is that some kind of mean hack? :chainsaw:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:30:55 pm by mynxtres » Logged

"Put Your Big Girl Panties On and Deal With It!"
:glasses7:
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 10:04:21 pm »

Many lots (particularly those at TSR, as the uploads there have a greater likelihood of coming from people not as versed in packaging lots so that they don't include possibly detrimental content) contain hacks or items for EPs which you may not have, items which may not be readily apparent, or were created by  someone with EPs which you don't have and not properly checked for full compatibility.

Did you install the lot using Clean Installer? That is one way to avoid bringing along hacks and parts of the lot which you don't want or which can negatively impact your game.

You can try putting an unoccupied lot in your 'hood and entering it, then using boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true and see if errors are generated by the lot itself.
mynxtres

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 11:35:23 pm »

Kewl thanks rwills. I'll try that.

"Put Your Big Girl Panties On and Deal With It!"
:glasses7:
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 02:12:32 am »

Rwills is right. Newtlco is notorious for that. Every lot he uploaded that I can play with my limited EP's crashes my game. This includes a base game house he built.

I found that he includes the buyable mailbox and trash can SEDD.....Can't remember the rest of it. One house had a hack in it. Something about a driveway I think it was. It was red in Clean Installer.

On some, my game does start up. But the problem is getting into the house to see what it looks like inside. I crash at the loading screen.

Tugmel at TSR is really good. So is ayyuff. I've never had a problem with any of their houses.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: