Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 11:43:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I add an addtional texture to a custom mesh?  (Read 1803 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hydromancerx

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2008, 01:59:34 am »

Ok so I was making a caveman bone and skin tent out of a rug. I replaced the rug mesh and texture with the animal skin part of the tent and then added a 2nd mesh (the bone part) to the GMDC. It imported fine but its untextured. I don't want it to have the animal skin texture and I have a bone texture for it.

I tried to clone the animal skin texture (which has replaced the rug texture) and the import the bone texture to that. Which worked but I still have no idea how to assign that 2nd cloned texture (now bone colored) to the bone mesh.

Please help!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:01:57 am by Hydromancerx » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 10:05:53 pm »

ok, so you have already the correct texture in the package

here we go:
Look up the shape file and when you click it you will see the meshpart's name in the parts tab.(called ''''or something)
You also see that it is linked to a txmt file.
You simply add another line in the parts tab by clicking add
Change the meshpart to the name you used in your gmdc file(your meshgroupname) and also make a minor change to the txmt(material defination file) name.

*Now clone the txmt file from the rug and rename it exactly the same as you named it in the shape file.
*Also change that same name in the cmaterialdefination tab
*fix the intigrity on it

The last thing you have to do is to link the txmt to the texturefile
You said you already have a correct texture file, did you fix intigrity to make it a seperate file?
You need to do so.
Als change the name of the texture file(minor change will do)
Copy the file name by selecting the text, rightclicking it and copy.(dont copy the _txtr.)

Go  back to the bone txmt and in the properties tab you see a line called stdMatBaseTextureName, fill in the texturename you just copied earlier.(warning, leave the numbers in front untouched)
Also fill it in in the filelist, same name.

This should be it.
the correct order is
-meshes in gmdc
-linked to the shape file
-linked to the txmt's
-linked to the txt'r's

If you go back to your gmdc file you can preview your mesh and textures, if they dont show up correct then there is still something not linked or named correct.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 10:09:30 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: